Thork

Found a new FE site
« on: February 22, 2015, 11:28:46 PM »
https://streamup.com/Flat-Earth

It has our logo. Does anyone here own it?

Ghost of V

Re: Found a new FE site
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 11:43:16 PM »
Not me.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 01:15:07 AM »
I would think anyone here would have announced it. Seems like theft to me.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 10:14:45 AM »
To slow down the accusations of theft a little bit: our logo has been licensed under cc by-sa 4.0 by Blanko. This means that they're absolutely free to use (share and adapt) our logo so long as they credit Blanko for its creation. Here's a very short breakdown of what the licence allows: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/

Now, this appears to be a very small-time profile on a streaming site. Calling it an "FE site", while not technically inaccurate, is somewhat misleading. It's not exactly surprising that someone would just nab a logo, and I honestly don't think it's worth our time. You're looking at a random dude streaming someone else's YouTube videos, probably just to get some kicks out of it with his friends.

The only breach of the agreement here is that his profile description doesn't credit the author. In any case, the only person who has any right to do anything about this is Blanko, and it's entirely in his remit to determine whether or not he cares at all.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 10:17:40 AM by pizaaplanet »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Thork

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 10:16:14 AM »
I wasn't saying we should moan. I just wondered if it was anyone here and what they intended to do with the site. I am aware of our free to use approach.