Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
Re: How many people are in on the conspiracy?
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2014, 10:11:07 PM »
Radar bounce experiments are typically government funded or NASA affiliated.
So how many people are involved in faking the RADAR bounce results? How about the atypical case when a government or NASA is not involved?
Don't rely on FEers for history or physics.
[Hampton] never did [go to prison] and was never found guilty of libel.
The ISS doesn't accelerate.

Rama Set

« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2014, 11:29:56 PM »

I'm sure you have a point. Please make it.

« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2014, 01:37:09 PM »
Unlikely, please provide evidence, particularly for work outside the US.

Ghost of V

« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2014, 05:48:07 PM »

Here's a famous one regarding radar bounce off the moon, conducted by the US Army. What they were really doing is up for debate, but it was obviously funded by the government.

Please remember to donate to wikipedia if you visit that link.

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2014, 02:37:33 AM »

Here's a famous one regarding radar bounce off the moon, conducted by the US Army. What they were really doing is up for debate, but it was obviously funded by the government.

Please remember to donate to wikipedia if you visit that link.
One example of "funding" inside the US is the best you can do? The very fair question asked for evidence of your outlandish claim.

Ghost of V

« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2014, 02:51:48 AM »
You claimed it was unlikely that the government funded radar bounce experiments. I provided an example clearly showing that they do fund radar bounce experiments. What's the problem here?

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2014, 02:54:49 AM »
You claimed it was unlikely that the government funded radar bounce experiments. I provided an example clearly showing that they do fund radar bounce experiments. What's the problem here?
I did not claim that it was unlikely that the government funded RADAR bounce experiments.

Ghost of V

« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2014, 02:55:52 AM »
I'm not doing this with you today, Gulliver. Please reread your own posts if you're confused.

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2014, 02:57:59 AM »
I'm not doing this with you today, Gulliver. Please reread your own posts if you're confused.
And again Vx runs away. Have a good cry.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2014, 02:52:51 AM »
I recall a large thread on the .org forum where we challenged Round Earthers to find a radar or laser bounce moon experiment which was not connected to NASA or the US government, or its ilk space agencies abroad. Out of 15+ experiments we looked at, all were connected in some way.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2014, 03:05:44 AM »
What about the HAM radio moon bounces?  Were they all government connected?
http://www.k4lrg.org/Projects/K4MSG_EME/
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 03:07:25 AM by markjo »
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Rama Set

« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2014, 03:35:30 AM »
I recall a large thread on the .org forum where we challenged Round Earthers to find a radar or laser bounce moon experiment which was not connected to NASA or the US government, or its ilk space agencies abroad. Out of 15+ experiments we looked at, all were connected in some way.

So what?  I thought there was only a spaceflight conspiracy or has it's scope somehow broadened?  If so, I would love to see some evidence, otherwise this has to be consigned to the trash heap of tin foil hats.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2014, 04:21:59 AM »

The software they're pushing was programmed by Joseph Taylor, a hireling who works at several government funded observatories.

So what?  I thought there was only a spaceflight conspiracy or has it's scope somehow broadened?  If so, I would love to see some evidence, otherwise this has to be consigned to the trash heap of tin foil hats.

The government's interest in bouncing lasers and radio waves off of the moon are part of the developments leading up to the Apollo missions. In fact, after the Apollo 11, the government went around claiming that a specially developed quadrillion-watt ruby laser they developed was able to transmit beams out of the earth's atmosphere, bounce it off of the Apollo reflector and return to earth. This "proved" to the world that Apollo 11 actually occurred, and stands as one of the first things people jump to when looking for proof of the Apollo missions, neglecting to understand that this proof comes straight from the horse's mouth.

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2014, 05:47:11 AM »

The software they're pushing was programmed by Joseph Taylor, a hireling who works at several government funded observatories.
First of all, I'm not sure that I'd refer to a Nobel Prize winning astrophysicist as "a hireling". 

Secondly, so what?  Did the government tell Taylor to write the HAM radio software?

Thirdly, the WSJT protocol software is open source, so everyone is free to examine, or even contribute to, the source code to see for themselves if the protocol does what it claims.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

Rama Set

« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2014, 12:40:22 PM »

The government's interest in bouncing lasers and radio waves off of the moon are part of the developments leading up to the Apollo missions. In fact, after the Apollo 11, the government went around claiming that a specially developed quadrillion-watt ruby laser they developed was able to transmit beams out of the earth's atmosphere, bounce it off of the Apollo reflector and return to earth. This "proved" to the world that Apollo 11 actually occurred, and stands as one of the first things people jump to when looking for proof of the Apollo missions, neglecting to understand that this proof comes straight from the horse's mouth.

We are not talking about Apollo. We are talking about bouncingn radar off of Venus. Do you have evidence that all of these experiments have been faked?  If not, your claim cannot be taken seriously.

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2014, 01:29:59 PM »
We are not talking about Apollo. We are talking about bouncingn radar off of Venus. Do you have evidence that all of these experiments have been faked?  If not, your claim cannot be taken seriously.
As I recall, the conspiracy has been bouncing RADAR off of the moon and Venus before any satellites were supposedly launched and they realized that sustained space flight was impossible.  That begs the question, what was the motivation to falsify such results?

« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2014, 04:49:52 PM »
The idea that certain governments are not in on the control is another lie. All governments are controlled by the same puppetmasters, and that includes NK, Cuba, Russia, you name it.
Watch the handshakes.
H was a British operative.
Notice all space agencies use the snake's tongue in their logos.
They play both sides against the middle.
Watch the movie "They Live" to see the Truth.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2014, 11:50:46 AM »
;

First of all, I'm not sure that I'd refer to a Nobel Prize winning astrophysicist as "a hireling". 

Secondly, so what?  Did the government tell Taylor to write the HAM radio software?

Thirdly, the WSJT protocol software is open source, so everyone is free to examine, or even contribute to, the source code to see for themselves if the protocol does what it claims.

Just because it's open source, it doesn't make it impervious. As I recall it was recently leaked by the Snowden documents that the NSA snuck code into public cryptographic standards by using highly complex and indecipherable advanced mathematics which only few could understand, and written in an inconvenient way. The random number generator produced keys which seemed random but were actually subtly not. This allowed the NSA, knowing how the number was tainted, to calculate the private key from a public key.

Since it was open source, everyone made the same literal justification you made in defense of legitimacy, the software passed several "code reviews," and the world proceeded to use it, basically giving the NSA free reign to access the most sensitive computers and networks as they pleased, without needing to hack anything.

The mere fact that this software was produced by someone receiving checks from the government invalidates its use as a tool for demonstrating the honesty of the government.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 12:16:33 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2014, 12:21:54 PM »
The mere fact that this software was produced by someone receiving checks from the government invalidates its use as a tool for demonstrating the honesty of the government.
So everyone who receives even the smallest benefit from the government cannot be trusted? Would that mean we couldn't trust even your integrity?