Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
Re: How many people are in on the conspiracy?
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2014, 11:23:35 PM »
There is no one in on a conspiracy to hide the flat earth. They are merely mistaken.
How does one merely mistake the photos they believe Neil took on the Apollo 11 mission? How did Neil merely mistake taking the photos?

From http://wiki.tfes.org/The_Conspiracy

There is no Flat Earth Conspiracy. NASA is not hiding the shape of the earth from anyone. The purpose of NASA is not to 'hide the shape of the earth' or 'trick people into thinking it's round' or anything of the sort.

There is a Space Travel Conspiracy. The purpose of NASA is to fake the concept of space travel to further America's militaristic dominance of space. That was the purpose of NASA's creation from the very start: To put ICBMs and other weapons into space (or at least appear to). The motto "Scientific exploration of new frontiers for all mankind" was nothing more than a front.

See this quote from president Lyndon Johnson:

"Control of space means control of the world. From space, the masters of infinity would have the power to control the earth's weather, to cause drought and flood, to change the tides and raise the levels of the sea, to divert the gulf stream and change temperate climates to frigid. There is something more important than the ultimate weapon. And that's the ultimate position. The position of total control over the Earth that lies somewhere in outer space." —President Lyndon Johnson, Statement on Status of Nation's Defense and Race for Space, January 7, 1958

One month later, Lyndon Johnson and the Senate Special Committee on Space and Astronautics drafted a resolution to change the name of the US Army's Ballistic Missile Arsenal to the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.

NASA's early rocket research is well documented to have been a complete failure, plagued by one disaster after another. At some point, perhaps after the Apollo 1 disaster, it was decided to fake the space program outright and use rockets which only needed to fly into the air until they disappeared from sight. NASA went from nearly every launch being a failure to a near flawless track record, able to land man on the moon multiple times without error, and with only two public spectacles of failure in 45 years.

The earth is portrayed as round in NASA media because NASA thinks it's round. They are not running a real space program, so they wouldn't know what shape the earth truly takes. At the time of NASA's creation the general population already believed that the earth was round, based on the handed down teachings of the Ancient Greeks, which is why it was depicted in that manner. As with everyone else in the country, the people at NASA were taught the fiction of a globe earth from the cradle, so there was no doubt in their mind as how to display it.
So your answer was wrong., There is a conspiracy that hides the shape of the earth, though its original purpose was to fake a space program. Now then would you answer the OP: How many people are in on the conspiracy?

Also LBJ was not president in 1958.
Don't rely on FEers for history or physics.
[Hampton] never did [go to prison] and was never found guilty of libel.
The ISS doesn't accelerate.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2014, 11:27:53 PM »
Yes, the remark was made before he was president. United States presidents have been widely known to say things years prior to their appointment.

Nonetheless, I will edit the sentence to satisfy your pointless pedantry.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2014, 11:30:50 PM »
So your answer was wrong., There is a conspiracy that hides the shape of the earth, though its original purpose was to fake a space program. Now then would you answer the OP: How many people are in on the conspiracy?

As I said, there is no conspiracy to hide the flat earth. As per the earth's shape they are merely mistaken.

LBJ was a senator at the time, but President is a title which is for life. Clinton and Bush Sr. are still greeted as "Mr. President". It is also not incorrect to state "This is a picture President Obama drew at 8 years old".

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2014, 11:49:52 PM »

As I said, there is no conspiracy to hide the flat earth. As per the earth's shape they are merely mistaken.

LBJ was a senator at the time, but President is a title which is for life. Clinton and Bush Sr. are still greeted as "Mr. President". It is also not incorrect to state "This is a picture President Obama drew at 8 years old".
Again, the OP's question in the subject of this thread asks about "the conspiracy". Please do answer the OP.

I suggest "later president" or "then senator", but as long as you weren't trying to imply that he said it as President, I'm fine with the imprecision.

Ghost of V

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2014, 12:12:37 AM »
I suggest "later president" or "then senator", but as long as you weren't trying to imply that he said it as President, I'm fine with the imprecision.

Why? Honestly, why does it matter? Why do you come into these threads just to spout semantics?

He said it. It doesn't matter when, or where, or what the hell he was wearing, or what kind of car he was driving at the time. He said it. That's the important part. You do realize that, right?

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2014, 12:58:51 AM »

Why? Honestly, why does it matter? Why do you come into these threads just to spout semantics?

He said it. It doesn't matter when, or where, or what the hell he was wearing, or what kind of car he was driving at the time. He said it. That's the important part. You do realize that, right?
While you're rather inaccurate with this post arguing just semantics, I do hope that you can address the OP's question as asked in the thread's subject. Thanks.

Ghost of V

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2014, 01:18:12 AM »

While you're rather inaccurate with this post arguing just semantics, I do hope that you can address the OP's question as asked in the thread's subject. Thanks.

I believe Tom Bishop already answered the question. Didn't he? Just scroll up a bit.

I just interjected to remind you how terrible your debating skills are.

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2014, 01:22:41 AM »

I believe Tom Bishop already answered the question. Didn't he? Just scroll up a bit.

I just interjected to remind you how terrible your debating skills are.
Nope, he did not answer the OP's subject question: " How many people are in on the conspiracy?" Note that the question does not speak to the original motive for the alleged collusion. Please pay better attention.

Ghost of V

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2014, 01:23:50 AM »

Please pay better attention.

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2014, 01:26:37 AM »

Please pay better attention.
And again, compare the question that Tom Bishop answered in error and the question the OP subject asks.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 01:30:18 AM by Gulliver »

Ghost of V

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2014, 01:45:07 AM »
How can there be people in on a conspiracy that doesn't even exist?  ???

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2014, 02:47:37 AM »
Who said they were? Surely people can be in on the ("Space Race") conspiracy and providing (or causing others to provide) false data about the shape of the earth, such as the accurate measurements of the distance from the earth to the moon. Wouldn't someone have to be actively conspiring to have many observers independently over decades come up consistently with the RET value of more than 200,000 miles?

Again, please address the OP's subject's question: "How many people are in on the conspiracy?".

Ghost of V

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2014, 03:19:07 AM »
Who said they were? Surely people can be in on the ("Space Race") conspiracy and providing (or causing others to provide) false data about the shape of the earth, such as the accurate measurements of the distance from the earth to the moon. Wouldn't someone have to be actively conspiring to have many observers independently over decades come up consistently with the RET value of more than 200,000 miles?

Again, please address the OP's subject's question: "How many people are in on the conspiracy?".

How many people know what really happened on 9/11?

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2014, 03:21:00 AM »

Irrelevant. Again, please address the OP. Thanks.

Ghost of V

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2014, 03:22:33 AM »

Sure, the content of the question is irrelevant. But I'm essentially asking you the same question you're asking me.

How am I supposed to know how many people are in this supposed 'conspiracy'?

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2014, 03:26:58 AM »

Sure, the content of the question is irrelevant. But I'm essentially asking you the same question you're asking me.

How am I supposed to know how many people are in this supposed 'conspiracy'?
I would expect you to apply the same academic prowess as you use with AWT. You know, research, experiment, hypothesis and the other parts of SM.

When I claim that there's a conspiracy hiding hiding the truth about RET, then your challenge would be relevant to that conspiracy, but not before.

ETF: double word error
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 04:29:15 AM by Gulliver »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2014, 04:11:54 AM »
When I claim that there's a conspiracy hiding hiding the truth about RET, then your challenge would be relevant to that conspiracy, but not before.
What?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2014, 05:25:59 AM »
The deep space data is fake, but the distance of celestial bodies is competed via trigonometry, using 19th century methods which assume a round earth and big solar system. We get different values if the triangles in the parallax calculations use a flat surface.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 05:33:13 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2014, 06:13:27 AM »
The deep space data is fake, but the distance of celestial bodies is competed via trigonometry, using 19th century methods which assume a round earth and big solar system. We get different values if the triangles in the parallax calculations use a flat surface.
Okay, so then you should be able  to show that the 19th century methods assume a round earth and get a "big" solar system, say the earth orbits the sun at about a radius of 93 million miles, but these process in EnaG should be more accurate and produce much smaller distances.

Please show us the correct way to measure the distance between the earth and the sun. Remember we've already reviewed EnaG and found Rowbotham totally wrong when we critiqued EnaG.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2014, 06:34:52 AM »
Okay, so then you should be able  to show that the 19th century methods assume a round earth and get a "big" solar system, say the earth orbits the sun at about a radius of 93 million miles, but these process in EnaG should be more accurate and produce much smaller distances.

Please show us the correct way to measure the distance between the earth and the sun. Remember we've already reviewed EnaG and found Rowbotham totally wrong when we critiqued EnaG.

The methods are correct for both RET and FET distances to the sun. If the earth is round, one distance is computed to get the Round Earth value and if the earth is flat another distance is computed to get the Flat Earth value, using the same method. It's not a matter of an incorrect method -- it's a matter of an incorrect model.