Offline Crudblud

• A Most Respectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Movies & Comics General
« Reply #580 on: February 18, 2017, 05:34:39 AM »
Er...you realize most of us watch Marvel, right?

Also >implying Fox's Marvel movies are grown up

They're often shitty edgelord wankfests, just on a smaller scale than DC's.

X-Men: Days of Diamond Absoluture Past

i just woke up go easy on me
I've never seen the show, but just from reading the synopses on Wikipedia and articles like these, I can tell I'd hate it.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 24, 2017, 06:42:10 PM »
(2/18)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/batman-negotiations-break-down-director-matt-reeves-977266

For fuck's sake, WB, what the hell is going on down there? This is the goddamn Batman we're talking about! Your comfort zone! And yet you've got people not wanting to play him, not wanting to direct him...if JL turns out to be shit - which it probably will - then I'll have no choice but to conclude that WB has managed to thoroughly ruin Batman.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/matt-reeves-is-officially-directing-the-next-batman-mov-1792685477

Oh, okay. That's good.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/warner-bros-plotting-nightwing-movie-lego-batman-movie-director-978737

Well, uh...cool? I mean, LEGO Batman was great. Maybe this will work out all right?
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 12, 2017, 03:36:53 AM »

It looks good, but WB will probably find a way to fuck it up.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 25, 2017, 10:06:33 PM »

I can't get over how bad Cyborg looks. I'm not even sure which is worse - his messy, convoluted design, or how badly integrated the CGI is. Besides that, this movie looks terrible. I can barely even see what's happening half the time. It's visually muddy, full of obvious CGI, seems to have been filmed entirely at night, and basically just seems to be Snyder at his Snyderiest. Also, that's a terrible cover of "Come Together."

Offline Crudblud

• A Most Respectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 26, 2017, 04:05:46 AM »
Guys I just got the lowdown on the Spider-Man: Homecoming villain.

I've never seen the show, but just from reading the synopses on Wikipedia and articles like these, I can tell I'd hate it.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: March 26, 2017, 12:16:41 PM »
Sadly, that is impossible. Sauron is owned by Fox. Also, Sony seems determined to destroy the Spider-Man brand via a series of shitty spinoffs:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/sony-just-randomly-announced-a-venom-movie-will-be-out-1793351904

http://io9.gizmodo.com/next-up-for-the-spider-man-movieverse-black-cat-and-si-1793543558

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 02, 2017, 02:14:40 PM »
Nolan's action scenes definitely worked better from a storytelling perspective, but as far as style and choreography went, they were severely lacking.

Just look at how slow and ungainly Batman is.  I mean, I wouldn't want to fight him or anything, but I don't buy him as any kind of brilliant martial artist capable of taking on crowds of enemies and winning.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Bird with a broken wing
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 04, 2017, 04:48:10 AM »
That first one is brilliant
Quote from: garygreen date=1480782226
i also took an online quiz that said i was a giraffe.  and i guess you're dumb enough to believe that i must be because the internet said so.

Offline rooster

• cock-a-doodle-doo, darlin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 04, 2017, 02:01:43 PM »

I can't get over how bad Cyborg looks. I'm not even sure which is worse - his messy, convoluted design, or how badly integrated the CGI is. Besides that, this movie looks terrible. I can barely even see what's happening half the time. It's visually muddy, full of obvious CGI, seems to have been filmed entirely at night, and basically just seems to be Snyder at his Snyderiest. Also, that's a terrible cover of "Come Together."
How can you not see what's happening? Is there something wrong with your eyes?

I agree it looks dark, but you can still see what's happening. I think it looks okay. Yeah, the CGI looks obvious and muddy. But almost all movies in this genre rely on CGI and it's always pretty obvious so I won't hold that against this movie in particular, it's just something I hate in general.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 10, 2017, 12:41:09 PM »
I was being somewhat hyperbolic, but a lot of these action beats are happening really fast, and they all seem to take place in a world of very similar dark blues/grays. Even the Flash's lightning is blue, for some reason. Look at this shot, for example:

The supposed impact is an incomprehensible blur, and afterward, not only does the shot slow down quite a bit, but Wonder Woman very awkwardly lands in a pivot to face the camera. The reason she does this is to help the viewer understand what just happened. I bet you didn't even notice what happened to the two Parademons she hit the first time you saw the trailer, did you? And I can't imagine there won't be plenty more scenes like this in the movie.

Hopefully Wonder Woman will be good, though?

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 11, 2017, 02:47:24 AM »
It's even worse of a shot because that city(?) hardly looks like a city(?). It looks like Silent Hill, some place disconnected from reality; blue, orange, , washed-out and foggy.
i also took an online quiz that said i was a giraffe.  and i guess you're dumb enough to believe that i must be because the internet said so.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 11, 2017, 03:57:21 AM »
Speaking of the colors, while it's an old cliché to complain about Hollywood's overreliance on blue/orange contrasts, there isn't even enough orange here to make the contrast work the way it's supposed to. It's like, 10% orange and 90% blue. Just explosions, fire, and lasers to occasionally light up the digital darkness. Bringing up Wonder Woman again, at least the contrast looks quite nice there. They can play around with elements like the shine of Diana's bracelets, sunrises, sunsets, deserts, etc.

I will say one positive thing about the trailer, though - at least they're finally letting Aquaman have some fun.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile