Re: Family in the English speaking countries
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2014, 05:58:53 PM »
Hello!My name is Anna.I am a student and I need some information for my diploma. I hope some of you can help me. It is very important for me. Please, answer these questions and send them back somehow, maybe in comments or in a PM. It is too difficult for me to use American forum, honestly speaking I understand nothing here but I hope so much that you will help me. I need the more the better answers...=)  Your age: male/female  1.   Write, please, 4 -5 words, which come to your mind when you hear the word FAMILY. Don't think twice. Write the first words that you think of.    2.   Number the following types of families, according to your personal opinion on which of the given types the term "family" can be applied to. Use the scale from 0 to 13 (0 showing the worst correlation with the conception of the family, 13- showing the most typical conception of the family)    Nuclear family (consists of the one generation, usually parents with or without children)    Extended family (large family of several generations; may include grandparents, brothers and their wives, sisters and their husbands, nephews and nieces)    Two-parent family (consists of both parents and at least one child)    Single-parent family (there is no one of the parents)    Childless family    Family with the small number of children (1 or 2 children)    Long family or family with 3 or more children     Same-sex family    Heterosexual family    Monogamous family (both spouses haven`t got other marriage partners)    Polygamous family (one of the spouses has another marriage partners)    Patriarchal family ( there is a man in the head of the family)    Matriarchal family (there is a woman in the head of the family)    Polyamory (three persons of both sexes live together in the same house)
30/Male 1. Love.  Children.  Sacrifice.  Togetherness.      13 - Nuclear family (consists of the one generation, usually parents with or without children) 12-  Extended family (large family of several generations; may include grandparents, brothers and their wives, sisters and their husbands, nephews and nieces) 13 - [size=78%]Two-parent family (consists of both parents and at least one child)[/size]  13- Single-parent family (there is no one of the parents)  13 -  Childless family    13- Family with the small number of children (1 or 2 children)    13- Long family or family with 3 or more children     13- Same-sex family    13 - Heterosexual family   13-   Monogamous family (both spouses haven`t got other marriage partners)    6- Polygamous family (one of the spouses has another marriage partners)    13- Patriarchal family ( there is a man in the head of the family)    13- Matriarchal family (there is a woman in the head of the family)    3 -Polyamory (three persons of both sexes live together in the same house)   I hope I did it correctly.  If not let me know.
  To tell the truth the task was to use each number only once, but nevertheless I understand your point of you.Thank you very much :) 
Ah, wasn't sure.  I'll reorder them when I get the chance.

It is not necassary :)Anyway I am so grateful to you :)