Offline SexWarrior

• e
  • (◕‿◕✿)
    • View Profile
    • The Flat Earth Society
Flat Earth and the Qur'an
« on: December 24, 2013, 01:30:39 PM »
An interesting resource outlining the verses of the Koran implying that the Earth is flat. Written from an obviously RET-biased perspective, but what else can we expect, really?

http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Flat_Earth_and_the_Qur%27an
<Parsifal> Jesus Christ
<Parsifal> Do I really have to write 6000-word sentences just to remove all ambiguity from everything I'm saying?

Where live, do the offer adult reading classes?

Offline SexWarrior

• e
  • (◕‿◕✿)
    • View Profile
    • The Flat Earth Society
Re: Flat Earth and the Qur'an
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 01:34:52 PM »
Also, an uncropped version of the image from this page:

<Parsifal> Jesus Christ
<Parsifal> Do I really have to write 6000-word sentences just to remove all ambiguity from everything I'm saying?

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 05:10:13 AM »
This is not Quran, n the writing is not Arabic. Could be Persian or other language Urdu or something else. But definitely not Arabic, n not Quran.

A Muslim Arabic tongue speaker who is called Mohamad.
Thank you
We accept the reality of the world with which we're presented. It's as simple as that.
The True Man Show.

Offline SexWarrior

• e
  • (◕‿◕✿)
    • View Profile
    • The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 12:11:14 PM »
This is not Quran, n the writing is not Arabic. Could be Persian or other language Urdu or something else. But definitely not Arabic, n not Quran.
Yes, as clearly labelled in the WikiIslam source, this is Taken from Zekeriya Kazvinî's "Acaib-ül Mahlûkat" (The Wonders of Creation). Translated into Turkish from Arabic. Istanbul: ca. 1553.
This map depicts "a traditional Islamic projection of the world as a flat disk surrounded by the sundering seas which are restrained by the encircling mountains of Qaf".'
<Parsifal> Jesus Christ

Offline Rekt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 02:50:34 PM »
Why would you believe an ancient religious text when considering the shape of the earth?

Online Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 11:33:45 AM »
Why would you believe an ancient religious text when considering the shape of the earth?

The ancients actually spent lifetimes studying and considering the earth's shape from a fresh start, unlike Astronomers today who merely point to Aristotile's Three Proofs when arguing that the earth is round.

Offline Rama Set

• Round and round...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 09:01:22 PM »
The ancients actually spent lifetimes studying and considering the earth's shape from a fresh start, unlike Astronomers today who merely point to Aristotile's Three Proofs when arguing that the earth is round.

I think they point to the plethora of photographic, video and eyewitness evidence of the Earth being round; at least that is what I would do.
FE'ism requires suspension of disbelief...

Online Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 08:34:23 PM »

I think they point to the plethora of photographic, video and eyewitness evidence of the Earth being round; at least that is what I would do.

When Astronomers are not quoting NASA, they are quoting Aristotle. No research for their own selves. That is why the study of the earth by ancient civilizations should be considered. They did not have an easy authority to appeal to. They had to actually study the matter afresh if they wanted to know anything.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 05:16:40 AM »
When Astronomers are not quoting NASA, they are quoting Aristotle.
Citation needed.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice