Offline JPS

• View Profile
i've researched the flat earth proofs for a long time, i've debated with many, i thought i'd join this site to share my findings with everyone on both sides of the debate

is this a fair debate site? its just i find a lot of places just have a lot of abuse

anyway, hello from me

JPS

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
i've researched the flat earth proofs for a long time, i've debated with many, i thought i'd join this site to share my findings with everyone on both sides of the debate

is this a fair debate site? its just i find a lot of places just have a lot of abuse

anyway, hello from me

JPS

Not a debate site at all.  Questions go unanswered or worse, people are told to read the woefully incomplete WIKI and FAQ.
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
As you can see from the response above, we have a small group of bitter Round Earthers who feel honour-bound to spit venom in most threads. However, they're few and far between, and as long as you're happy to look past them, you'll notice we welcome honest debate from educated visitors.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline JPS

• View Profile
which flat earth model do people follow here? i've been on sites before where new models are made quite often, which is a bit strange

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
As you can see from the response above, we have a small group of bitter Round Earthers who feel honour-bound to spit venom in most threads. However, they're few and far between, and as long as you're happy to look past them, you'll notice we welcome honest debate from educated visitors.

LOL to bitter.   Amused is much more appropriate.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Case in point.

which flat earth model do people follow here? i've been on sites before where new models are made quite often, which is a bit strange
There is a lot of variety, since anyone can join and voice their opinions. Most commonly, you will see the finite accelerating Earth with an ice wall around it and no firmament, or the infinite plane.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile

Please refrain from low-content posting in the upper fora. If you don't have anything useful to add, then don't bother. Warned.

To the OP:

SexWarrior's post is accurate. We encourage the free and open exchange of ideas, regardless of your position on the shape of the earth. We do have rules, which I would suggest checking out along with the FAQ and the wiki.

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile

Please refrain from low-content posting in the upper fora. If you don't have anything useful to add, then don't bother. Warned.

To the OP:

SexWarrior's post is accurate. We encourage the free and open exchange of ideas, regardless of your position on the shape of the earth. We do have rules, which I would suggest checking out along with the FAQ and the wiki.

Ok warning taken, but I have to ask, how was him calling me bitter not a low content post?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Ok warning taken, but I have to ask, how was him calling me bitter not a low content post?

He actually answered OP's question with something that contributed to the thread. Your claim that this forum is:

Not a debate site at all...

is not only objectively false, but it is also detrimental to newcomers. There is plenty of debate that has been taking place for years. I am sorry if you don't understand what we do here, but that is a you problem.

Anyway, if you want to keep posting in this thread, then stay on topic. There is no reason to derail OP's thread anymore than you already have.

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile

Hi JPS

It's a great site, well moderated, even the roundies are alright.
Its not as random as the other forum site of the same name,
No matter where you go, you get abusive newbies coming in with attitudes.
They get tagged pretty quick in here and shut down (even by the regular roundies)

I haven't been around all that long but I like it here.
I'm coming from a Biblical FE Position and I recognise most are not.
I'm also aware when I'm out of my depth which is most of the time,
So I'm still in the process of learning and reading the early FE material.
At the moment I'm going through Terra Firma earth not a globe.

Anyway,
Ketchup...  :)

« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 05:46:04 AM by Dither »
A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset

anyway, hello from me

JPS
Hi!  We "roundies" do like to put up a fight - but (I hope) try to remain civil at all times (it can be difficult!).  If you want your new ideas put through the wringer - this is a good place because we're getting pretty good at coming up with counter-examples that give your theories a hard time.  You're not always "preaching to the choir".
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile

anyway, hello from me

JPS
Hi!  We "roundies" do like to put up a fight - but (I hope) try to remain civil at all times (it can be difficult!).  If you want your new ideas put through the wringer - this is a good place because we're getting pretty good at coming up with counter-examples that give your theories a hard time.  You're not always "preaching to the choir".

Agree, for the most part, there is no abuse and some good discussion.