Flat Earth Expedition to Antartica
« on: August 16, 2017, 04:25:47 AM »
Hey guys!

I'm new here, forgive me if this topic has been posted before, but the search function seems defunct / not working.

I have been a believer in the flat earth probably since I was a little kid and no one could really explain to me why we don't fly off if we are going so fast.

I would love to go on an expedition to Antartica!

https://iaato.org/visitor-guidelines
https://www.state.gov/e/oes/ocns/opa/c6528.htm
https://www.state.gov/t/avc/trty/193967.htm
https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country/antarctica.html

Has anyone submitted a request to the state department to go on a expedition?

While I do believe that the governments of the world, and the powers that keep them in place, do not want commoners like us to go there, find interesting shit and tell others. I don't think a request would be denied unless there were outlandish claims / statements made in the request for the expedition permit.

I imagine it would be possible to even crowd fund this expedition and get a US university to take some of our researchers if we paid the way for their researches as guides.

for example this failed crowd funded proposal
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/international-antarctic-expedition-2016--3#/

I have enough independent wealth almost to do this my self, but wouldn't know where to start in terms of buying vehicles and storing fuel that would last long enough to find whatever is beyond what we are allowed to know.

I would be interested to see if this had been discussed or attempted before?

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
Re: Flat Earth Expedition to Antartica
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 04:34:50 AM »
Don't under estimate the difficulties in exploration. Admiral Byrd had the entire resources of the US Gov. 4,700 men, 13 ships and 33 aircraft in operation highjump.

As the movie jaws said. We're gonna need a bigger boat !
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 05:04:14 AM »
Don't under estimate the difficulties in exploration. Admiral Byrd had the entire resources of the US Gov. 4,700 men, 13 ships and 33 aircraft in operation highjump.

As the movie jaws said. We're gonna need a bigger boat !

I agree It would not be an easy expedition, however we didn't really hear about his successful expeditions.

I do see some logistical issues with brining enough fuel and trying to get vehicles that are "Arctic ready".

pegasus

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 06:31:59 PM »

I have been a believer in the flat earth probably since I was a little kid and no one could really explain to me why we don't fly off if we are going so fast.

It's called gravity.

Why? As a flat earther when you go west from California you will hit the ice wall now wont you?

geckothegeek

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 06:38:14 PM »

It's called gravity.

Why? As a flat earther when you go west from California you will hit the ice wall now wont you?

How can they get there if they don't have a map ? They can't even agree on which map to use and some of them say there is no map.

pegasus

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 07:31:38 PM »

How can they get there if they don't have a map ? They can't even agree on which map to use and some of them say there is no map.

Well when they encounter an impossibility of something they just go ahead and deny it, including their own map, so not a big big bummer cop-out poopy there. But in any case, they do not necessarily NEED a map to get to the edge of the earth, just as you do not need a map to get to the edge of water on an island. Just go any friggin direction and keep to it.

On the other hand, it's way easier to parrot "have you seen a satellite with your own two eyes" type of demogogical polemic on internet forums to go on touting a religilous blind bat belief, as opposed to buying a 20USD compass, renting a dingy boat and start sailing f:n west from california.

Now why would I need to see a friggin satellite with my own two eyes when I see millions of dishes staring up at the sky to receive satellite TV all over the world dear flatters? Why? Let's start talking about some heavy-duty conspiracy here!

BR

pegasus

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 07:43:49 PM »
Now why would I need to see a friggin satellite with my own two eyes when I see millions of dishes staring up at the sky to receive satellite TV all over the world dear flatters? Why? Let's start talking about some heavy-duty conspiracy here!

If those millions of satellite dish users all around the globe, the dish production companies all around the world, the S receiver production companies all around the world, the users of said devices all around the world, ordinary people, are ALL in on the conspiracy, then we're talking some major heavy duty huge ass conspiracy here! Mother!

Yes yes, I pressing this satellite TV dish sht on flatters. How o how do you flatters plan to explain your way our of this? :)

Cheers.

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 09:05:18 PM »

If those millions of satellite dish users all around the globe, the dish production companies all around the world, the S receiver production companies all around the world, the users of said devices all around the world, ordinary people, are ALL in on the conspiracy, then we're talking some major heavy duty huge ass conspiracy here! Mother!

Yes yes, I pressing this satellite TV dish sht on flatters. How o how do you flatters plan to explain your way our of this? :)

Cheers.

The "satellite" dishes are a type of receiver antenna. Satellites don't use some sort of "special" non-radio signal, signal. If you believe your dish is going up into outer space to get TV you're a chump and fell for a marketing gimmick.

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 09:40:09 PM »

Cheers.

The "satellite" dishes are a type of receiver antenna. Satellites don't use some sort of "special" non-radio signal, signal. If you believe your dish is going up into outer space to get TV you're a chump and fell for a marketing gimmick.
What transmitters are these dishes receiving from?  Satellites above the equator.

pegasus

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 09:43:39 PM »

Cheers.

Yes me and millions of other "chumps" we believe them satellites dishes "go up into outer space" to "get TV" every single second we watch TV. And them satellites they say they take the bus to do that, but methinks thats another NASA conspiracy...

You tell me you "get a brain morans" inbred hick as to why a given satellite reception is not possible if not calibrated to look at an exact point in the sky? And those millions of people that use all special made devices to do those calibrations, are they in on the NASA conspiracy? You getabrainmoran.

Do not derail. The question is up there for you to answer, not stick it up your ... you know what.

Cheers. 

pegasus

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2017, 09:52:18 PM »

Cheers.

Yes me and millions of other "chumps" we believe them satellites dishes "go up into outer space" to "get TV" every single second we watch TV. And them satellites they say they take the bus to do that, but methinks thats another NASA conspiracy...

You tell me you "get a brain morans" inbred hick as to why a given satellite reception is not possible if not calibrated to look at an exact point in the sky? And those millions of people that use all special made devices to do those calibrations, are they in on the NASA conspiracy? You getabrainmoran.

Do not derail. The question is up there for you to answer, not stick it up your ... you know what.

Cheers.

And tell me you gidabrainmoran as to why do you want to go to antartica to "reveal those lost continents and the big conspiracy" when all you need to do is get on a boat from california and keep west!

Hmmm

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2017, 09:58:05 PM »
treerings, why not go to Arctica and see whether there is a giant tree, a tree stump or a hole?

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2017, 12:10:22 AM »

Cheers.

I suppose those tricky satellite TV companies shaped their receivers like a dish to be tricky, huh? No need for a plain old antenna when a dish looks cooler. I mean we can literally see satellites moving across the sky, but we're the chumps, right..... I have a small telescope and can see the space station when it passes over head. If the Earth is flat, how does it move around without some type of propulsion?
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2017, 12:49:39 AM »

Cheers.

I suppose those tricky satellite TV companies shaped their receivers like a dish to be tricky, huh? No need for a plain old antenna when a dish looks cooler. I mean we can literally see satellites moving across the sky, but we're the chumps, right..... I have a small telescope and can see the space station when it passes over head. If the Earth is flat, how does it move around without some type of propulsion?

Take some pictures and post!

Awaiting updates!

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2017, 01:09:24 AM »

Cheers.

Awaiting updates!
No visible passes in the near future. (and yes, I did check - http://iss.astroviewer.net/) I'd be happy to post the telescope since you need proof. That being said, I could probably find a small satellite, but it would be too small to make out and you would just claim I photoshopped it anyways, right?
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

pegasus

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2017, 04:13:49 AM »

Awaiting updates!

That settles it. This root of, this absolute zero of idiot really does believe in a conspiracy where literally hundreds of millions of users, if not billions, are involved. So much that just to support the show, some totalitarian countries ban satellite dishes, murder, torture, jail their owners if caught, just to keep up with the show! This is just murdering your own brain, really.

Offline Prof.Dr.Testkees

• 'Im allergic to stupidity. I break out in sarcasm'
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2017, 09:13:12 AM »
While I do believe that the governments of the world, and the powers that keep them in place, do not want commoners like us to go there
Because you are allowed to travel there (with the emphasize on >you are<)... It only isn't advised, since the temperature and such. You could literally die from such an expedition. This has something to do with personal health, instead of a ''Government cover-up for flat earth is real'' claim.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 09:19:36 AM by Prof.Dr.Testkees »
'Stupidity is not the lack of knowledge, but the illusion of having it'

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2017, 06:12:25 AM »
Make sure you go in December so you can see the Sun spin around the horizon.  Then you can come back to tell us all about how cool that was.  I've seen it in the north during the summer when I lived in Sweden.  I also saw the opposite in the winter when the Sun only just popped over the horizon for 3 hours per day.  Amazing, but not great.  Really, really cold.
Good luck on your expedition.
The hallmark of true science is repeatability to the point of accurate prediction.

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2017, 11:59:14 PM »
Hey guys!

I'm new here, forgive me if this topic has been posted before, but the search function seems defunct / not working.

https://iaato.org/visitor-guidelines
https://www.state.gov/e/oes/ocns/opa/c6528.htm
https://www.state.gov/t/avc/trty/193967.htm
https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country/antarctica.html

Has anyone submitted a request to the state department to go on a expedition?

While I do believe that the governments of the world, and the powers that keep them in place, do not want commoners like us to go there, find interesting shit and tell others. I don't think a request would be denied unless there were outlandish claims / statements made in the request for the expedition permit.

I imagine it would be possible to even crowd fund this expedition and get a US university to take some of our researchers if we paid the way for their researches as guides.

for example this failed crowd funded proposal
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/international-antarctic-expedition-2016--3#/

I have enough independent wealth almost to do this my self, but wouldn't know where to start in terms of buying vehicles and storing fuel that would last long enough to find whatever is beyond what we are allowed to know.

I would be interested to see if this had been discussed or attempted before?all

No need to set up your own expedition. This is exactly what you're looking for; tours that will fly you all the way to the South Pole.

https://www.polar-quest.com/trips/antarctica/fly-to-the-south-pole-2017

The cost is $50,000, a fraction of what you were planning to finance your own expedition. There are trips leaving in December, less than 4 months from now. You can be there before the end of this year! Be sure to post pictures of your trip when you return.