Offline ElizaP

• View Profile
The Wall
« on: July 09, 2017, 07:57:11 PM »
Hi, new hear. Have been hearing about this idea for awhile, and some of it makes sense. I have some problem with the wall, lol. I don't understand what it is: is it like an actual wall that someone built? Or is it just the frozen edge? I know that pictures aren't counted as proof on this forum but is there a picture of the wall? My bf thinks I'm nuts, but I'm really curious.

Re: The Wall
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 08:22:51 PM »
Hi, new hear. Have been hearing about this idea for awhile, and some of it makes sense. I have some problem with the wall, lol. I don't understand what it is: is it like an actual wall that someone built? Or is it just the frozen edge? I know that pictures aren't counted as proof on this forum but is there a picture of the wall? My bf thinks I'm nuts, but I'm really curious.
Welcome to the den of craziness! I kid, I kid. Somewhat. But the generally accepted idea is that what Round Earth calls Antarctica, is actually a wall of ice around the outside of the disc. A lot of basic information is contained within the sites wiki (located here) and is a great place to begin learning a bit more if you're curious about this sites presented model of a Flat Earth.

Offline ElizaP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 12:36:50 AM »
Thanks for the response, I wasn't expecting something so soon. lol

I read that, so no one built it right? It's not like that Thrones show, it's just like a really long high glacier?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 12:45:15 AM »
The Ice Wall is the coast of Antarctica, which has naturally formed 150 foot tall walls of ice along its coast; massive glaciers which are known as ice shelves (if resting on water) or ice walls (if resting on land). These walls of ice at the Antarctic coast also exist in the Round Earth model.

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 06:40:45 AM »
The Ice Wall is the coast of Antarctica, which has naturally formed 150 foot tall walls of ice along its coast; massive glaciers which are known as ice shelves (if resting on water) or ice walls (if resting on land). These walls of ice at the Antarctic coast also exist in the Round Earth model.
What is the length of the wall?

Offline ElizaP

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 06:17:53 PM »
So, I guess I'm just curious, lol, because I've read a bunch of things on this site and have gotten confused. Some of the stuff contradicts the other stuff. How do we know its 150' tall, or is that like an average? Why does the ice shelf/wall only form around the rim? I'm guessing by the silence that there's no pictures. I tried googling it, but I only got game of thrones images or obviously glaciers. thnx for responding.

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 09:09:02 PM »
The hallmark of true science is repeatability to the point of accurate prediction.

Offline ElizaP

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 06:17:44 PM »
But that's what I'm talking about in my last post. Those are obviously glaciers, in some of them you can see both edges. I guess I understand your point  :), that could be a wall, but I guess I just need more proof for this ice wall thing? Did the giant chunk that broke off (from the news today I don't know when it happened) come from the wall? Is climate change a problem for the flat earth?

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 08:50:38 PM »
Pictures... Let me get that for you.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ice+wall+antarctica&tbm=isch

Oh - but no!   Surely not?

So let's look at the first image from that search (it's also on the Wiki here at tfes.org) :

If you do a google-search on this image - about the first 200 hits are from Flat Earth sites (many from this one) that trumpet this as definite proof of the great ice wall.   It takes a little more digging to discover that not only is this NOT a photo of any kind of ice wall - it's actually a photograph of a  gigantic iceberg called "B15A" that blocked McMurdo Sound sometime in 2000 and floated around for years as it only slowly broke apart.  It was an astounding 3,100 square kilometers in area at the outset - and the last large piece of it was last spotted floating just off the coast of New Zealand in 2006.

It took me all of four minutes to find this out...yet hundreds upon hundreds of Flat Earther's posted this as a true photo of the ice cliff...you can find the photo right here on this website - titled "The Ice Wall surrounds 95% of the Antarctic coast" :

http://wiki.tfes.org/The_Ice_Wall

...and they complain about NASA faking images??!

This is no more a photo of the great ice wall than "the blue marble" is a photo of the Earth.
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 09:33:48 PM »
If you do a google-search on this image - about the first 200 hits are from Flat Earth sites (many from this one) that trumpet this as definite proof of the great ice wall.

The picture is proof of an ice wall at the Antarctic coast. How is it not?

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 09:43:32 PM »
If you do a google-search on this image - about the first 200 hits are from Flat Earth sites (many from this one) that trumpet this as definite proof of the great ice wall.

This post proves to me you are a troll.  Since he said "it's actually a photograph of a  gigantic iceberg called "B15A" that blocked McMurdo Sound sometime in 2000 and floated around for years as it only slowly broke apart." I can only imagine you are toying with him.
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2017, 03:25:49 AM »

This post proves to me you are a troll.  Since he said "it's actually a photograph of a  gigantic iceberg called "B15A" that blocked McMurdo Sound sometime in 2000 and floated around for years as it only slowly broke apart." I can only imagine you are toying with him.

Glaciers, ice fronts, ice shelves, are all part of the Antarctic coast. If you go to Antarctica you will see a lot of ice walls. Walls of ice inhibit almost all of the coastline.

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2017, 04:38:30 AM »
Hey guys! A bit of info about me. I'm a fun-loving 30 year old gal just looking for a little fun. I have a heavenly body and jesus is my saviour. Oh, this is christianmingle.com? Oops! Silly me. Anybody down for some fun. ;)

SUPER SORRY THAT WAS MY INAProPRIATE FREND
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 04:46:57 AM by ilygod4ever69 »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2017, 02:12:24 PM »
Hey guys! A bit of info about me. I'm a fun-loving 30 year old gal just looking for a little fun. I have a heavenly body and jesus is my saviour. Oh, this is christianmingle.com? Oops! Silly me. Anybody down for some fun. ;)

SUPER SORRY THAT WAS MY INAProPRIATE FREND

Please refrain from low-content posting in the upper fora. Warned.

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2017, 02:19:38 PM »
What is the definition of THE Ice Wall? According to Bishop any iceberg is THE ice wall.
Flat Earth is one of the following:
- nonsense
- bullshit
- garbage
- trash
- junk
- crap

Choose to your liking.

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2017, 02:22:21 PM »

Glaciers, ice fronts, ice shelves, are all part of the Antarctic coast. If you go to Antarctica you will see a lot of ice walls. Walls of ice inhibit almost all of the coastline.

As they do on the coast of Greenland and many points north.   Antarctica is cold, ice forms, glaciers slide towards the sea and ice walls are apparent.  It proves nothing.

Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2017, 03:48:28 PM »

As they do on the coast of Greenland and many points north.   Antarctica is cold, ice forms, glaciers slide towards the sea and ice walls are apparent.  It proves nothing.

Many seem to be coming here questioning the existence of ice walls at Antarctica. They most certainly exist. The question should not be about the existence of ice walls on the Antarctic coast, the question should be about the length of the Antarctic coast. The physical features at the coast exist in both Round Earth and Flat Earth models. It is the length that is in question.

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2017, 04:07:34 PM »

Many seem to be coming here questioning the existence of ice walls at Antarctica. They most certainly exist. The question should not be about the existence of ice walls on the Antarctic coast, the question should be about the length of the Antarctic coast. The physical features at the coast exist in both Round Earth and Flat Earth models. It is the length that is in question.

...that and the fact that your photo on the Wiki is a "fake".  It's not a picture of the coast of Antarctica *or* the Ice Wall (if those are different things) - it's a photo of an iceberg.

Just saying - for a group who routinely accuse people of making fake photos - let those who live in glass houses not cast stones!

I'm not saying that there are no gigantic ice cliffs along the coast of Antarctica - I'm quite sure there are - I'm just saying that this isn't a photograph of one - and you should go fix your Wiki.

Of course there are also some very gentle beaches - places where intrepid explorers wishing to travel beyond the Ice Wall could easily gain access...even those without helicopters capable of reaching the dizzying altitude of 150 feet!
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2017, 05:09:08 PM »

...that and the fact that your photo on the Wiki is a "fake".  It's not a picture of the coast of Antarctica *or* the Ice Wall (if those are different things) - it's a photo of an iceberg.

Just saying - for a group who routinely accuse people of making fake photos - let those who live in glass houses not cast stones!

I'm not saying that there are no gigantic ice cliffs along the coast of Antarctica - I'm quite sure there are - I'm just saying that this isn't a photograph of one - and you should go fix your Wiki.

Of course there are also some very gentle beaches - places where intrepid explorers wishing to travel beyond the Ice Wall could easily gain access...even those without helicopters capable of reaching the dizzying altitude of 150 feet!

That would really depend whether Iceberg B-15A was run aground on November 15th, 2000, the date the picture was taken according to the exif data. If it was run aground or touching the coast in any manner then it can be classified as the coast of Antarctica. According to the wikipedia page the Iceberg B-15 started cracking/calving in 2000, but B-15A isn't mentioned as drifting away until November 2003. The high altitude picture you provided was taken in 2006.

Since it appears that the Iceberg was still touching Antarctica at the time the picture was taken, the picture stays.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 05:24:10 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Smokified

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2017, 03:12:56 AM »

That would really depend whether Iceberg B-15A was run aground on November 15th, 2000, the date the picture was taken according to the exif data. If it was run aground or touching the coast in any manner then it can be classified as the coast of Antarctica. According to the wikipedia page the Iceberg B-15 started cracking/calving in 2000, but B-15A isn't mentioned as drifting away until November 2003. The high altitude picture you provided was taken in 2006.

Since it appears that the Iceberg was still touching Antarctica at the time the picture was taken, the picture stays.

How does any of what you said refute the fact that this floating iceberg is not even remotely an indication of some kind of "huge" 150 foot wall keeping us from finding out the earth is flat?