The Moon
« on: June 07, 2017, 08:00:21 PM »
I created this account just to ask this question because I couldn't find it anywhere else, but in the moving diagram on the societies website (I have attached a screenshot and a link to the page due to restrictions on attachment size) - which the wiki says is the generally most accepted model for the movement of the sun and the moon - it doesn't explain the lunar cycle (New moon, waxing, full moon, waning). In normal science it is explained with the shadow of the round earth being cast onto the light side of the moon, however this can not be the case if the earth is flat and the light side of the moon never passes through the shadow of the earth, or any shadow for that instance. In this model the bottom of the moon would be more cut off starting from half way the further away from the north pole you are due to only the side facing the sun being lit up and the bottom not (unless the sun is significantly closer to the earth than the moon). Further more, through out the night the angle of the cut off the bottom of the moon would also change due to the angle at which you would view the moon and to a more severe degree again depending on your distance from the north pole (I don't want to say latitude as that relies on the degree around the earth you are and that clearly has no relevance to a flat earth). Please can someone explain this.

https://wiki.tfes.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions - link to moving diagram of day night cycle

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: The Moon
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 06:38:59 PM »
It's called Frequently Asked Questions. If you are interested in a topic like the phases of the moon I would suggest looking at a page dedicated to that topic.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 06:48:51 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
Re: The Moon
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 02:16:47 AM »
Tom, you clearly know what the OP wants, but you can't be bothered to help?  Thanks for nothing.

Here's the Phases of the Moon page.  I don't support or agree with the material you'll find there, but it is the flat earth answer to your question.  If you want to hear the rebuttal, come to the Debate section and ask a question there, where we can discuss both sides.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice