Poseidon

Questioning JUNKER as a Moderator.
« on: April 19, 2017, 08:03:17 PM »
I have a concern. JUNKER doesn't know how to argue, and  cannot present a valid point. Ergo, when he gets upset at someone, he abuses his position as a Moderator. Why is this allowed to occur?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Questioning JUNKER as a Moderator.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 08:28:53 PM »
I am glad you are finally using the right place to air your grievances. I would suggest that you provide evidence to support your claim in the event the admins or other moderators want to chime in.

In terms of my opinion on this matter, if you take a look at the public ban list, you will see that bans are actually quite rare. The first page of the list goes back to January 2016. In that time (and discounting spam accounts and their alts), there have been 3-4 actual users given a ban. I think that number is pretty low, and not indicative of abuse. Most people, when warned, will move on. Those who don't move on get warnings, and then banned if they continue to break rules.

Poseidon

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 08:36:28 PM »
I am glad you are finally using the right place to air your grievances. I would suggest that you provide evidence to support your claim in the event the admins or other moderators want to chime in.

In terms of my opinion on this matter, if you take a look at the public ban list, you will see that bans are actually quite rare. The first page of the list goes back to January 2016. In that time (and discounting spam accounts and their alts), there have been 3-4 actual users given a ban. I think that number is pretty low, and not indicative of abuse. Most people, when warned, will move on. Those who don't move on get warnings, and then banned if they continue to break rules.

Your opinion is entirely irrelevant to me and serves no valid purpose. The fact is, as can be seen in the thread in question, you were abusive in exactly the same way you told others not to be. Someone pointed that out, and you abused your power. You could not hold an argument with me, and became abusive to me. I defended the fellow who had pointed out your own violation of rules. You abused your power again. I reported you four times. You then abused your power AGAIN and banned me.

You ultimately have proved that you are essentially a little dictator. This is not a good trait in ANYONE with power.

Poseidon

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 08:39:28 PM »
Interestingly enough, you ADMIT it down in AR. Of course, you will argue that that does not matter. But that is not the point. It does matter.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 08:42:27 PM »

Your opinion is entirely irrelevant to me and serves no valid purpose.

That is a shame, since it provides evidence that contradicts your perceived victimization.

The fact is, as can be seen in the thread in question, you were abusive in exactly the same way you told others not to be. Someone pointed that out, and you abused your power. You could not hold an argument with me, and became abusive to me. I defended the fellow who had pointed out your own violation of rules. You abused your power again. I reported you four times. You then abused your power AGAIN and banned me.

You ultimately have proved that you are essentially a little dictator. This is not a good trait in ANYONE with power.

It seems that you could have simply moved on and actually posted on topic (and maybe read the rules), but you decided to throw a tantrum and ignore warnings until the ban happened. I will go ahead and bow out of this now, and let whoever else wants to review it do just that.

Interestingly enough, you ADMIT it down in AR. Of course, you will argue that that does not matter. But that is not the point. It does matter.

Nothing gets by you, does it...  ::)

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 08:44:27 PM »
The fact is, as can be seen in the thread in question, you were abusive in exactly the same way you told others not to be.

You haven't provided a link to any thread. If you'd like us to take you seriously, the least you could do is provide specific examples of the behaviour you're referring to.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Poseidon

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 08:49:16 PM »
Notice you can't argue that what I have said is entirely correct. Instead you take the juvenile route and insult me by saying I threw a tantrum. No, I did not. I simply proved that you are too abusive to be given the authority you have. And you proved it by banning me.

http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=6084.0

I suggest reading though the entire thread.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 08:53:25 PM by Poseidon »

Poseidon

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 08:56:08 PM »

Poseidon

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 09:06:41 PM »
Nothing gets by you, does it...  ::)

And of course, our Little Dictator throws this insult in, once again breaking the rules.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 09:08:29 PM by Poseidon »

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 09:43:30 PM »
http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=6084.0

I was about to agree with you, until I noticed this thread was in Flat Earth Debate. From that forum's description:

Please note that it is strictly moderated!

If you want to shitpost about how FEers don't know anything, the correct place to do it is Angry Ranting. It would probably be taken lightly in Flat Earth General and Flat Earth Q&A too, though is strictly off-topic there as well. Flat Earth Debate, as the name suggests, is for civil, reasoned debate.

From the forum rules:

Anyone seen personally attacking another member will be immediately warned. After two warnings, a ban with length determined by moderator discretion will be issued.

You were given precisely two warnings for personal attacks in that thread prior to being banned. Don't play with fire and then complain when you get burned.

At the very most, junker is only guilty of enabling the derailment of that thread by engaging you instead of splitting out your off-topic posts. Given that he's just about the only one maintaining law and order around here, I don't really have anything to complain about. Thanks for your efforts, junker.

Poseidon

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2017, 09:59:49 PM »
So essentially, he IS allowed to be a Dictatorial arse. I get it. Please note that he DID break the rules with insults. And then acted like a whiney baby when he was questioned on it. And yes, he is keeping law and order. So did Stalin. Your point?

And FE Debate IS a legitimate place to indicate that someone has no idea what he is talking about. You cannot have a debate if you cannot point out that someone is wrong on something. Rather stupid to call it a debate room when you are not allowed to debate.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 10:03:18 PM by Poseidon »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 10:00:51 PM »
At the very most, junker is only guilty of enabling the derailment of that thread by engaging you instead of splitting out your off-topic posts.
I take responsibility for this. I shouldn't have let it continue by participating. I'll do better in the future.

Thanks for your efforts, junker.
You, and the community here at tfes.org, are very welcome.

Poseidon

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 10:02:46 PM »
You cannot take responsibility when you are inherently immature, as you have proven by insulting me here also.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2017, 10:09:44 PM »
junker has not insulted you here, but you are now starting again with the personal attacks. I suggest you quit now if you don't want another ban.

This is going nowhere, so locked.