Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomacy
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2016, 11:51:10 AM »
So, Austria has betrayed me immediately after agreeing to a non-agression pact.

I have lost a supply depot.  With only two depots and two units, I am outmatched more than 2 to 1. 

Therefore, I am surrendering and disbanding all my units.

Austria will have unchallenged access to all south western Europe.
Yes this is a rage quit but hey, I see no victory for me so why bother going on?  I thought about fighting until the end so everyone else could fight him while he was distracted but you wouldn't.  I suspect you'd all have me removed quickly so I say "Enjoy Parsifal Rule".
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2016, 04:44:46 PM »
also roundy quit on us i think.  no moves last turn.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2016, 06:22:29 PM »
also roundy quit on us i think.  no moves last turn.
He must be the ass who isn't checking the check box.

Him or Parsifal.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2016, 01:46:50 AM »
Sorry about the missed turn, guys, that was my bad.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2016, 01:47:22 PM »
Yes this is a rage quit but hey, I see no victory for me so why bother going on?  I thought about fighting until the end so everyone else could fight him while he was distracted but you wouldn't.  I suspect you'd all have me removed quickly so I say "Enjoy Parsifal Rule".

Sorry to hear that. I mean, yeah you got fucked over, but someone has to fuck over someone else in this game. I just saw an opportunity and took it.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2016, 03:03:24 PM »

Sorry to hear that. I mean, yeah you got fucked over, but someone has to fuck over someone else in this game. I just saw an opportunity and took it.
Yeah well, I just hate being fucked over in the second turn, making the game impossible for me to win.
If we could make units at any supply depot then it would be different.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2016, 06:36:36 AM »
Hey, how do I disband the rest of my army?  I could only disband one last round. 

And surrender? How do I do that?

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2016, 12:43:13 PM »
Hey, how do I disband the rest of my army?  I could only disband one last round. 

Dunno if you can. We may have to fight it out whether you like it or not.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2016, 12:49:17 PM »

Dunno if you can. We may have to fight it out whether you like it or not.
Figures....

Well fine.  Where do you want my armies so they don't interfere with your conquest?

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2016, 01:07:42 PM »

It may be a pyrrhic victory but give the bastard a bloody nose as you go down, don't be remembered by your people as the ruler that rolled over, death to the invader!
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2016, 01:28:31 PM »

It may be a pyrrhic victory but give the bastard a bloody nose as you go down, don't be remembered by your people as the ruler that rolled over, death to the invader!
Can't.  I ran the sandboxes.  Nothing I do will take a territory.  Italy will be gone by winter of 1903. (3 turns)

« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2016, 01:58:33 AM »
ok, first of all, the french asked us to come to paris, ok?  and second of all what we do or don't do in france is none of your beeswax.  so i dunno why any of you would insinuate, or were maybe going to insinuate, that we're taking over france, because we're not, so stop yapping about it.

i mean i feel like one of you was going to start yapping about it, so let's just nip that right in the bud.  no one is taking over france.  we're just, you know, we're kicking it over here for a bit, no big deal.

i don't have to justify myself to you people.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2016, 10:42:33 AM »
So, being landlocked and literally every player in a better position (including France who is an NPC) I thought I'd try to get Germany and Austria to fight by making up some fake communications to hint that we're in an alliance to secretly take down Germany but it has occurred to me that, well... no one would believe it.   Diplomacy, as I've learned, is a game that requires more talking than actual unit movement.  No one but Austria wants to talk to me and even that is mostly dismissals of any proposal or pleads.  And with good reason, obviously.  So, I've decided, out of sheer boredom, to post the entirety of our communications.  It is honest, true, and complete.  Parsifal can confirm.

Sadly, I can't surrender or disband units.  Apparently the game's creators felt that players would leave if they're losing and no one would want to replace them.  Why this is a bad thing, I'm not sure.  Truth is, I'm out of options.  I tried taking Mun which would have given me 1 extra unit for a few turns that would have helped but that was blocked.  Now, I'm unable to take any land unless someone decides to not defend, which silly since everyone has enough units to defend all their territories.

So, here are my current plans:

I will be moving my unit out of Rom to Tus.  Austria will be moving from ION to Nap and take that.  He'll hold Venice to ensure I don't backstab, which is understandable.  I'll move my unit from Tyr to Boh.
In Fall, I'll move from Tus to Pie and from Boh to Gal.  Once there, Austria will move from Ven to Rom, Tri to Ven, and probably Bud to Tri. 
Then Italy will finally be removed from the game.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2016, 05:46:25 AM »
To surrender, click the drop-down victory conditions for the turn and select "surrender" before submitting the order.
I did.  It requires everyone else to choose victoryXplayers winning  or surrender and with two AIas, that won't happen.

Also, I know I was screwed from round 2.  I'm still looking forward to the next game.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 07:57:45 AM by Lord Dave »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2016, 02:43:19 PM »
God fucking damnit, parsifal?  Why can't you take the mother fucking land I'm fucking giving you?

Are you TRYING to keep me alive so I can attack someone for you?

And why in God's name would do an action that isn't going to work?  I TOLD YOU where I was goin but no, you just HAD to train move north.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 02:47:46 PM by Lord Dave »

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2016, 02:53:18 PM »
And why in God's name would do an action that isn't going to work?  I TOLD YOU where I was goin but no, you just HAD to train move north.

You said you were going to keep your armies where they were before, and then did something different. I just assumed you were lying again.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2016, 03:19:02 PM »

You said you were going to keep your armies where they were before, and then did something different. I just assumed you were lying again.
Even if I was, you made no attempt to get Napal.  An easy state to get.  And why block Boh? 

So now, you can't take everything by winter.  So now I'm alive for another year.  Great...

Well, at least now everyone can be suspicious as to why you're not taking italy.

Look, you asked why I was moving up, what my strategy is well, I have none.  I'm moving pointlessly.  I can only do something if I get help but no one is stupid enough to help so I'm waiting for you to finish me off.  A task you could have done by now if you wanted.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 03:25:32 PM by Lord Dave »

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2016, 08:33:03 PM »
He doesn't want to take Italy as people will notice the similarity of his new look and that of Mussolini 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 08:51:40 PM by Jura-Glenlivet »
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2016, 10:14:53 AM »
You have about a day left, steve.  Don't hesitate.  Do it.  Take Italy.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2016, 10:37:21 AM »
People who makes youtube videos by recording a tv with a camera should be shot on sight.
The Mastery.