Re: 2016 US Presidential Race
« Reply #700 on: April 27, 2016, 05:25:21 PM »
And, in order not to be accused of "derailing" this thread, I will not post another message here until July (Cleveland convention).

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #701 on: April 27, 2016, 09:38:58 PM »
The government to not spend a penny on anything NOT specific to Article 1 Section 8...Get rid of the FBI (Article 1 Section 8)

Constitutional amendments have expanded the powers of the federal government far beyond what was originally enumerated in Section 8.  Also, the Commerce Clause provides the constitutional justification for a huge amount of what the FBI does.

Offline Round fact

• Science and math over opinion
    • View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #702 on: April 27, 2016, 09:49:37 PM »
The government to not spend a penny on anything NOT specific to Article 1 Section 8...Get rid of the FBI (Article 1 Section 8)

Constitutional amendments have expanded the powers of the federal government far beyond what was originally enumerated in Section 8.  Also, the Commerce Clause provides the constitutional justification for a huge amount of what the FBI does.

The Commerce Clause is and excuse. The Framers and those that debated each clause disagreed with a broad interpretation of said clause and said so many time. The same holds to the General Welfare Clause.

I'd start with the repeal of the 17th Amendment. A lot os people would be tossed by their state's legislatures  for their actions against the State' they are supposed to represent. Harry Reid comes to mind. He backed Obama against the best interests of Nevada.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 28, 2016, 06:46:53 AM »

The Commerce Clause is and excuse. The Framers and those that debated each clause disagreed with a broad interpretation of said clause and said so many time. The same holds to the General Welfare Clause.

I'd start with the repeal of the 17th Amendment. A lot os people would be tossed by their state's legislatures  for their actions against the State' they are supposed to represent. Harry Reid comes to mind. He backed Obama against the best interests of Nevada.
Unless I'm mistaken, the founding fathers originally had the Articles of Confederation which was too weak to keep a federal government intact or useful.  So pardon me for not giving 18th century people fresh from revolution absolute faith in their ability to plan for 200 years in the future.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: April 28, 2016, 01:10:11 PM »
David Duke did endorse Trump, that is a fact.

Don't the Knights Templar and Free Masons endorse Trump too?

Offline Round fact

• View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #705 on: April 28, 2016, 01:11:56 PM »

The Commerce Clause is and excuse. The Framers and those that debated each clause disagreed with a broad interpretation of said clause and said so many times. The same holds to the General Welfare Clause.

Unless I'm mistaken, the founding fathers originally had the Articles of Confederation which was too weak to keep a federal government intact or useful.  So pardon me for not giving 18th century people fresh from revolution absolute faith in their ability to plan for 200 years in the future.

You need to go back and do some research on the reason for the Constitution. The Articles of Confederation were indeed weak. They allowed the States to do things to each other that would over time have destroyed the United States and the reason the Senate and House were elected by TWO different election processes. The CA  also did not protect the citizens form the government. The Constitution does, or did, until people started saying it said things it doesn't and ignoring what the writers said it meant.

Then there is the cherry picking of what  to support and why. The out of context of Jefferson's "Separation of Church and State," quoted by the anti-religious. Far to many people believe the phrase is actually part of the Constitution and specifically the 1st Amendment. But if you quote Jefferson on the Right to bear arms, those same leftist will scream he was a racist slave owner and his words are from Satan himself.  And God help anyone that points out Jefferson attempted to end slavery with 2nd Continental Congress, and later in Va House of Burgess and as POTUS. On that the left says ALL the history books are wrong.

The real problem is we don't, and have not for a long time, teach our own history. We spend our time examining their warts, instead of what they accomplished, then use those warts to mangle our laws into something we want.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: April 28, 2016, 02:18:01 PM »

The Commerce Clause is and excuse. The Framers and those that debated each clause disagreed with a broad interpretation of said clause and said so many times. The same holds to the General Welfare Clause.

You need to go back and do some research on the reason for the Constitution. The Articles of Confederation were indeed weak. They allowed the States to do things to each other that would over time have destroyed the United States and the reason the Senate and House were elected by TWO different election processes. The CA  also did not protect the citizens form the government. The Constitution does, or did, until people started saying it said things it doesn't and ignoring what the writers said it meant.

Then there is the cherry picking of what  to support and why. The out of context of Jefferson's "Separation of Church and State," quoted by the anti-religious. Far to many people believe the phrase is actually part of the Constitution and specifically the 1st Amendment. But if you quote Jefferson on the Right to bear arms, those same leftist will scream he was a racist slave owner and his words are from Satan himself.  And God help anyone that points out Jefferson attempted to end slavery with 2nd Continental Congress, and later in Va House of Burgess and as POTUS. On that the left says ALL the history books are wrong.

The real problem is we don't, and have not for a long time, teach our own history. We spend our time examining their warts, instead of what they accomplished, then use those warts to mangle our laws into something we want.

You'll find hate mongers on both sides.  I'm a leftist and would not say Jefferson was Satan. 

It should be noted that the constitution is setup to be altered so by altering it, we are doing as the founders expected.  Same with SCOTUS, they interprite the constitution.  If you don't like the new laws or their decisions, then sorry but thats what the constitution allows.  Want it fixed?  Do it yourself.

As for history: what do you expect?  America is full of hateful, greedy, evil people but we want to teach our kids happy things.  We don't like talking about Japanes internment camps.  We don't like talking about taking lands from the indians.  We prefer to say Columbus was a hero and so brave.  He was neither.

Though... Why would we need warts to mangle laws to what we want?  We CHANGE laws to what we want.  The constitution lets us do this.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: April 29, 2016, 01:40:45 AM »
Trump now has 994 delegates. Fox News released a new poll that reveals Trump is +27 in California.

Hillary Clinton has 2165 delegates. She is polling +2 over Sanders in California. Keep in mind the California primary is not until June.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2016/04/22/fox-news-poll-california-presidential-primaries/

Also, a new Oregon Poll that shows Trump as +17

http://res.cloudinary.com/bdy4ger4/image/upload/v1461878385/Hoffman_0416_Survey_Report_iapoi3.pdf

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 01:58:12 AM by Rushy »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: May 03, 2016, 11:12:47 PM »
Trump wins Indiana and now has 1059 delegates (number includes unbound delegates that have pledged to support Trump). Trump now requires 37% of the remaining delegates to earn the nomination.

Hillary Sanders wins Indiana and now has 1400 delegates (number includes superdelegates pledged to support Sanders). Sanders requires 79% of the remaining delegates to earn the nomination.

Delegate numbers may change as vote counts are finalized.

Ted Cruz has officially suspended his campaign. https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ted-cruz-drops-out-of-the-republican-presidential-race/2016/05/03/8f955a06-0fe7-11e6-81b4-581a5c4c42df_story.html

Donald Trump is the Republican nominee for 2016. RNC Chairman Reince Priebus says the party should now focus on defeating Hillary Clinton. https://mobile.twitter.com/Reince/status/727665447684820992
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 01:08:39 AM by Rushy »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 04, 2016, 02:24:12 AM »
And Cruz has thrown in the towel...

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: May 04, 2016, 02:27:11 AM »
I want to know how this fits into sandokhan's calculations

« Reply #711 on: May 04, 2016, 02:32:38 AM »
I want to know how this fits into sandokhan's calculations
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: May 04, 2016, 06:24:47 AM »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: May 04, 2016, 04:13:47 PM »
Kasich saw Cruz's towel and raised him one white flag.

I guess neither have been paying their dues to the secret society.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: May 04, 2016, 04:38:56 PM »
t r u m p
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #715 on: May 04, 2016, 04:55:23 PM »
T R U M P
The Mastery.

Offline Round fact

• View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #716 on: May 06, 2016, 09:56:15 PM »
Trump is better than Hilary The Serial Liar or Can't Count Sanders.

I like Cruz, most of the party insiders hate him. That tells me was not going along to get along. We  require someone, a whole lot of someones, in office that are will stand castrate the opposition in order to stand for the Constitution and therefor the people.

But now, now we have to settle for Trump.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 03:38:13 PM by Round fact »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: May 09, 2016, 03:37:35 PM »
Trump is better than Hilary The Serial Liar or Can Count Sanders.

I like Cruz, most of the party insiders hate him. That tells me was not going along to get along. We  require someone, a whole lot of someones, in office that are will stand castrate the opposition in order to stand for the Constitution and therefor the people.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: May 09, 2016, 03:56:51 PM »

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Round fact

• View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #719 on: May 09, 2016, 03:59:21 PM »

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Maybe they support The Serial Liar or Can't Count.