Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
The original Zetetic Astronomy is (finally) available!
« on: February 12, 2015, 04:58:19 AM »
After entirely too long a time (I've been working on this on and off since August 2014), it is my pleasure to announce that a copy of the original 1849 pamphlet Zetetic Astronomy : a description of several experiments which prove that the surface of the sea is a perfect plane and that the earth is not a globe! : being the substance of a paper read before the Royal Astronomical Society on the evening of Dec. 8, 1848 by Samuel Rowbotham is now available for your reading pleasure at our library.

To those not in the know, this pamphlet was Rowbotham's first attempt at laying down his model of the Flat Earth, which has then been expanded into the much more thorough book Earth Not a Globe.

Previously, this resource was only accessible on microfilm in a small amount of high-profile libraries around the plane, many of which are only available to researchers. Bringing it back to public access where it rightfully belongs is a substantial achievement for our Society. Further work could include transferring the body of this document to a machine-readable format so as to allow for it to be searched and interpreted freely.

I would like to express my thanks to the US Library of Congress for their invaluable assistance in producing this resource.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Thork

Re: The original Zetetic Astronomy is (finally) available!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 12:12:22 PM »
This is the version I was never able to find on the internet. Thanks, PP. I can now enjoy all 3 editions. That is a very important document for our society.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: The original Zetetic Astronomy is (finally) available!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 02:16:39 PM »
This is the version I was never able to find on the internet.
Yeah, I'm positive it simply wasn't there until now. It's a bit sad that libraries would keep some materials so inaccessible.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume