Thork

FES reunification
« on: July 19, 2014, 11:39:54 AM »
As one of the few things a Zetetic council should agree on, reuniting the society should probably be one of those.

Whilst the admins and users have a stake, I think it is important that the Zetetic council has a position on reunification.

I am of the opinion that the society should be as one again, but without Shenton in charge of it. I'm pretty set on that. I don't actually see what Wilmore/Shenton/Davis can bring that we can't do ourselves. Apart from crushing control limiting people's ability to further the society on an individual basis.

As it stands, I'm not interested unless the other faction is forthcoming with some concessions, Shenton's abdication being one of those.

I would be interested in opinions from the rest of the council, culminating in a vote which we can pass on as the council's position.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: FES reunification
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 05:40:26 PM »
I would like to see reunification. I agree that Shenton must step down as president. His presidency is a fraud. A president must be fairly elected as such by his or her constituents.

Daniel must agree to fairness and democracy. If he would like to "run" at some point then that's fine. He should not be prohibited from doing so. If he is truly the best choice, then the people will choose him and he has nothing to worry about. We must frame this as a call for openness.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
Re: FES reunification
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 08:42:53 PM »
Oh, we exist again? How delightful.

I'm of course in favor of reunification. A house divided and all that. But I also agree about concessions from the other side being necessary. The current triumvarate of power on the other forum works even worse than we do. At least here the forum is run by competent people. I suggest that, upon reunification, we require that some democratic system be put into place and that our forum admins be given access to whichever forum becomes the standard.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ