Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
Re: Star Citizen
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2014, 03:31:20 AM »
Actually that would be worth it.

Ghost of V

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2014, 04:25:07 AM »
I support this outrageous waste of money now.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2014, 03:53:06 PM »
I tried to get one of the fifty large ships in the first round. They sold out in a 11 seconds. I'll try again on the next three rounds, but it ain't lookin' good, folks. The USS John Davis may never come to fruition.

Ghost of V

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2014, 05:40:53 PM »
I tried to get one of the fifty large ships in the first round. They sold out in a 11 seconds. I'll try again on the next three rounds, but it ain't lookin' good, folks. The USS John Davis may never come to fruition.

Unacceptable. We demand the USS John Davis, and several smaller guard ships named after various FES members.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2014, 05:46:52 PM »
Unacceptable. We demand the USS John Davis, and several smaller guard ships named after various FES members.

John Davis works alone, for he is a supreme being of unlimited power and a bad case of writer's block.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2014, 08:16:32 PM »
Second batch of 50 ships disappeared in... no joke... 2 seconds. I'm not sure if I can compete with this...

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2014, 02:56:17 PM »
Well guys I failed miserably. I tried to spend $2700 dollars on a video game and luck just wouldn't let me be as dumb as I wanted to be. bummer.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2014, 02:15:01 AM »
In regards to PP's insistence that SC's ships make no sense:

Quote from: Reddit
     This is something a lot of players seem miss when they complain about things like the 300 series being very obviously designed around their looks; I mean, of course they are. They're meant to be flashy, showboating vehicles that just happen to have a lot of real power under the hood. The Hornet looks ugly and functional because it's a military dogfighter. The Mustang has ridiculous thruster placement because it was designed to the whims of a playboy millionaire, and he presumably thought it would look really badass like that.
     Personally I love that the ships all have this kind of personality to them. It's why Elite leaves me so cold; the ship designs are all so purely functional, and they have no real variety to them. Obviously, this leads to drawbacks, but I think it's fair to say that CIG are pricing with those drawbacks in mind. If something like the Mustang didn't have a few design flaws, it would probably be too good to be a starter ship.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2014, 08:59:19 PM »

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2014, 09:01:20 PM »
In regards to PP's insistence that SC's ships make no sense:

Quote from: Reddit
     This is something a lot of players seem miss when they complain about things like the 300 series being very obviously designed around their looks; I mean, of course they are. They're meant to be flashy, showboating vehicles that just happen to have a lot of real power under the hood. The Hornet looks ugly and functional because it's a military dogfighter. The Mustang has ridiculous thruster placement because it was designed to the whims of a playboy millionaire, and he presumably thought it would look really badass like that.
     Personally I love that the ships all have this kind of personality to them. It's why Elite leaves me so cold; the ship designs are all so purely functional, and they have no real variety to them. Obviously, this leads to drawbacks, but I think it's fair to say that CIG are pricing with those drawbacks in mind. If something like the Mustang didn't have a few design flaws, it would probably be too good to be a starter ship.

An excellent response. I especially like the fact that it's months late and written by somebody else. I wasn't just talking about luxury ships. I was talking about all of them.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2014, 09:23:24 PM »
An excellent response. I especially like the fact that it's months late and written by somebody else. I wasn't just talking about luxury ships. I was talking about all of them.

Well the lore was always there, you just never bothered to look at it. I also completely forgot about the discussion until I read the post that I put up. Anyway, that Retaliator video is from two months ago, it is almost ready to be placed in the game now.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2014, 12:22:50 AM »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2014, 11:04:01 PM »
While E:D has been released, SC also got a rather large update, some very interesting stuff:

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/2pt2kv/stream_is_live/cmzr4i1

Thork

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2014, 05:42:40 PM »
I'm going to try to buy the $2500 ship because reasons.
You've lost your mind?
You believe it to be a real ship that they deliver to your door?
Your Uncle Brewster has challenged you to spent $30m in a month?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2014, 08:39:02 PM »
I'm going to try to buy the $2500 ship because reasons.
You've lost your mind?
You believe it to be a real ship that they deliver to your door?
Your Uncle Brewster has challenged you to spent $30m in a month?

Rama Set

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2015, 05:17:17 AM »
Can you just load it up with guns?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2015, 05:22:41 AM »
Can you just load it up with guns?

Pretty much all of the ships are loaded with guns, the ones for fighting just have more gun than the others. e.g. a ship this size could probably swat away most small fighters but if a war frigate comes plodding along it'd be screwed.

In other news, I have my doubts about the whole rotating container bays thing. I mean, it is definitely awesome, but that seems like it would be very difficult to implement from a gameplay perspective. Maybe that's just me lacking experience in game development.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 05:24:17 AM by Irushwithscvs »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2015, 06:33:19 AM »

It will mine your face off.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2015, 02:09:04 PM »
Wow, these ships are ugly.