Recent Posts

Arts & Entertainment / Re: Cazazza Dan
« Last post by Crudblud on Today at 07:38:47 PM »
Might as well post this here. This is a thing I wrote for a fantasy RPG, it was rejected so I put it on YouTube.

Flat Earth General / Re: Flat Earth Expedition to Antartica
« Last post by pegasus on Today at 07:31:38 PM »

How can they get there if they don't have a map ? They can't even agree on which map to use and some of them say there is no map.

Well when they encounter an impossibility of something they just go ahead and deny it, including their own map, so not a big big bummer cop-out poopy there. But in any case, they do not necessarily NEED a map to get to the edge of the earth, just as you do not need a map to get to the edge of water on an island. Just go any friggin direction and keep to it.

On the other hand, it's way easier to parrot "have you seen a satellite with your own two eyes" type of demogogical polemic on internet forums to go on touting a religilous blind bat belief, as opposed to buying a 20USD compass, renting a dingy boat and start sailing f:n west from california.

Now why would I need to see a friggin satellite with my own two eyes when I see millions of dishes staring up at the sky to receive satellite TV all over the world dear flatters? Why? Let's start talking about some heavy-duty conspiracy here!

BR
Flat Earth Debate / How does FET explain these very simple errors
« Last post by StinkyOne on Today at 07:23:32 PM »
First, let me say this site is fantastic. Who doesn't like a little nutty conspiracy theory once in awhile. I have a feeling that 90% of the supposed FE supporters are actually just faking it for fun or to encourage critical thinking. I do worry about the other 10% who are suffering from delusional paranoia.

I read the Wiki and there are some very glaring facts that blow this "theory" out of the water.

The sun and planets. So FET says the Sun is roughly 3000 miles away and is only 32 miles across. A few things. 32 miles is not large enough to create enough gravitational pressure to initiate fusion in hydrogen gas. (and we do know what the sun is burning because of its spectral lines) You lack the mass.

The planets are small and orbit the sun a couple thousand miles away. If this is true, why has no group of intrepid FETers launched a mission to these tiny planets to prove to the world that the Earth is flat? I think we all know that answer to that one.

Your model of sunlight is verifiable incorrect. If the Earth is laid out as proposed, some locations in the east would still be in daylight, while areas southwest would be in the dark. A simple phone call between two people, one positioned southwest of another could prove that the Earth is illuminated by this "flashlight" sun. Why hasn't this very easy, inexpensive test been done??? Again, we know the answer.

Edge continent that keeps the air in. LOL, hard not to laugh when typing that. Where is this 50K foot tall wall of rock or ice surrounding this flat expanse of land?? Surely it could be mapped by a simple mission. Again, the answer to why no one has done this is very clear. Also, the theory about dark energy holding in the air is completely false. Dark energy and matter are named that because they DON'T INTERACT with normal matter. It wouldn't be dark energy if it was holding all the air in. lol

There are many other obvious problems with FET - what causes this acceleration that gives the illusion of gravity, why don't the sun, moon, and planets simply crash into the Earth? I could go on - magnetism without a metallic core, the seaborne radar problem, the fake vanishing point argument. Good fun, but the believers in this stuff are...well, I'll be nice and say nothing.
Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Trump
« Last post by Blanko on Today at 07:13:47 PM »
Call them whatever you want. #NotAllAlt-Right is a bizarre hill to die on, and yes, people expected the President of the United States to condemn them and their bullshit ideology.

Ok, well, good thing he did just that, then.

And so far, the available evidence suggests that James Fields was most likely one of them.

I assume Trump didn't have that information when he made his initial statement.
« Last post by trekky0623 on Today at 07:04:26 PM »
The speakers at the rally for the most part advocated for America as a white ethnostate. So I don't know what we're supposed to call them but neo-nazis or white supremacists seem to fit, and the term "alt-right" was coined by the same people. It's not really a shock it's made up of neo-nazis.
Flat Earth Debate / Re: Using airline flight data.
« Last post by junker on Today at 07:02:14 PM »
Not to mention also the absurdity of FE when compared to horizon and distances to the horizon.....Of the absurdity of FE....Period !

Please try to stay on topic. Not every single thread needs you complaining about the horizon or reminding everyone you were in the navy.

Stop derailing threads with your low content threats.  Not every single thread needs you complaining about how people choose to communicate.

I really have tried to be patient with your nonsense. I am done giving you warnings. Enjoy your promised 30-day ban. If you decide to come back next month, you will have a final chance to stop acting like a petulant child in literally every post. Permaban after that. Take care, friend!
Flat Earth Debate / Re: Using airline flight data.
« Last post by Smokified on Today at 06:51:01 PM »
Not to mention also the absurdity of FE when compared to horizon and distances to the horizon.....Of the absurdity of FE....Period !

Please try to stay on topic. Not every single thread needs you complaining about the horizon or reminding everyone you were in the navy.

Stop derailing threads with your low content threats.  Not every single thread needs you complaining about how people choose to communicate.
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Superhero Movies & Comics General
« Last post by honk on Today at 06:50:50 PM »

Flat Earth Q&A / Re: In FE what are meteors
« Last post by Smokified on Today at 06:42:14 PM »
and direct observations
Smokified, have you ever questioned these observations, and do they even exist?

To question something, you need to have some sort of tangible evidence in mind to suggest that the observations are false.  Questioning things simply to question them does not make you smart, it in fact makes you an idiot trying to appear smart.

What motive would there be to make up anything about meteors?

Do you ever spend any time at all questioning your own bullshit?
« Last post by honk on Today at 06:40:14 PM »
Well, it's not unusual to hesitate when it comes to condemning entire groups based on the actions of one person. For some reason, the left has unequivocally agreed that in this case it's perfectly fine, yet I didn't see anyone in the MSM lambast Obama for failing to condemn BLM for Dallas shootings.

Well, yeah, people don't really equivocate BLM and Nazis.

That's fine, but Trump didn't condemn just nazis, nor was he expected to, because 1) not everyone in the protest were nazis, and 2) the driver of the car very likely wasn't one. Trump was expected to condemn essentially all of alt-right, based on a lone actor whose affiliations are unknown, and some fisticuffs from people whose affiliations were also unknown.

Call them whatever you want. #NotAllAlt-Right is a bizarre hill to die on, and yes, people expected the President of the United States to condemn them and their bullshit ideology. And so far, the available evidence suggests that James Fields was most likely one of them.