Offline Venus

• View Profile
Re: Why?
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2017, 10:54:27 AM »
Yeah I read one story that said there are U.N. guards posted all around it and no one was allowed in

So they have invented some pretty elaborate excuses why they can not go there.

But anyway if it is only 150 feet high that is still higher than most ships

e ?

U.N. Guards  ??? I thought it was N.A.S.A.  ???

Whom do you think oversees the NASholes?

Then I suppose that we can consider the U.N. as part of "The Round Earth Conspiracy", too ?

But wait a minute. Doesn't the FES consider the U.N. logo as a flat earth map and proof of a flat earth ? But there seems to be a conflict of opinion? RE considers the U.N. logo as a stylized copy of The Azimuthal Equidistant Projection of the globe ?  ???

OK-Then....Who guarded the ice ring before the UN and NASA ? The League Of Nations ?  Nazi Storm Troopers during World War Two ? The Holy Roman Empire ? Or did it not need to be guarded until recently  ?

Also..... Rowbotham must have seen the ice ring -  Quote - " A place of howling winds,, eternal darkness, frigid temperatures.........."

How would Rowbotham know anything about Antarctica ... he never left the northern hemisphere !!!
Because I live on the 'bottom' of a spinning spherical earth ...
*I cannot see Polaris, but I can see the Southern Cross
*When I look at the stars they appear to rotate clockwise, not anti-clockwise
*I see the moon 'upside down'
I've travelled to the Northern Hemisphere numerous times ... and seen how different the stars and the moon are 'up' there!
Come on down and check it out FE believers... !!

geckothegeek

« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2017, 03:44:35 PM »
Yeah I read one story that said there are U.N. guards posted all around it and no one was allowed in

e ?

Then I suppose that we can consider the U.N. as part of "The Round Earth Conspiracy", too ?

But wait a minute. Doesn't the FES consider the U.N. logo as a flat earth map and proof of a flat earth ? But there seems to be a conflict of opinion? RE considers the U.N. logo as a stylized copy of The Azimuthal Equidistant Projection of the globe ?  ???

OK-Then....Who guarded the ice ring before the UN and NASA ? The League Of Nations ?  Nazi Storm Troopers during World War Two ? The Holy Roman Empire ? Or did it not need to be guarded until recently  ?

Also..... Rowbotham must have seen the ice ring -  Quote - " A place of howling winds,, eternal darkness, frigid temperatures.........."

How would Rowbotham know anything about Antarctica ... he never left the northern hemisphere !!!

ESP ?  Maybe it's from E NAG ? Or from The Sacred Scriptures ?
See description of "Ice  Wall"  on "The Flat Earth Wiki" ?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 04:31:27 AM by geckothegeek »

geckothegeek

« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2017, 03:50:54 PM »

e ?

I am still waiting for an answer.:
Was the ice ring guarded before NASA ? And by whom ?
How long has it been guarded ?

« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 04:33:22 AM by geckothegeek »

geckothegeek

« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2017, 05:26:01 AM »

e ?

I am still waiting for an answer.:
Was the ice ring guarded before NASA ? And by whom ?
How long has it been guarded ?

Still waiting for an answer.
Hope springs eternal. LOL.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2017, 10:31:19 AM »

Tom Bishop accepts that Antarctica was not explored in Rowbotham's time.
Rabinoz, I support the Bi-Polar model, so I don't know what you are trying to prove to me there.
Then
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The South Pole was not yet discovered when Rowbotham wrote Earth Not a Globe. It is understandable why he might depict the earth without it.

The Bi-Polar model is first advocated in the book The Sea-Earth Globe and and its Monstrous Hypothetical Motions, (Zetetes, 1918). However, the layout of the continents is left ambiguous due to lack of data. The layout and dimensions of the continents in our picture may be different as well. Someone apparently just found a map projection of a globe that looked similar for illustrative purposes.

Tom Bishop claims that "It is understandable why he might depict the earth without it".
I would say that if one doesn't have evidence, one shouldn't guess. Just do what the old mapmakers did and label it "Terra incognita."

Here is a link to the pdf file The Sea-Earth Globe and and its Monstrous Hypothetical Motions, (Zetetes, 1918)
Or in the TFES library The Sea-Earth Globe and and its Monstrous Hypothetical Motions, (Zetetes, 1918)
This is the "modern" bipolar map that Tom Bishop refers to:

Another alternative model descripting Antarctica as a distinct continent.
"There is still an "ice wall" in this model, but it not Antarctica.
Beyond the rays of the sun the waters will naturally freeze."
From Flat Earth Wiki, Antarctica
Don't you just love the shape of Australia and the USA in that Azimuthal Equidistant (0°,0°) Centred Projection of the Globe? Yes. it's just an AE Projection centred on Lat 0°, Long 0°.

Have fun!

geckothegeek

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2017, 06:27:08 PM »

Rabinoz, I support the Bi-Polar model, so I don't know what you are trying to prove to me there.
Then
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The South Pole was not yet discovered when Rowbotham wrote Earth Not a Globe. It is understandable why he might depict the earth without it.

The Bi-Polar model is first advocated in the book The Sea-Earth Globe and and its Monstrous Hypothetical Motions, (Zetetes, 1918). However, the layout of the continents is left ambiguous due to lack of data. The layout and dimensions of the continents in our picture may be different as well. Someone apparently just found a map projection of a globe that looked similar for illustrative purposes.

Tom Bishop claims that "It is understandable why he might depict the earth without it".
I would say that if one doesn't have evidence, one shouldn't guess. Just do what the old mapmakers did and label it "Terra incognita."

Here is a link to the pdf file The Sea-Earth Globe and and its Monstrous Hypothetical Motions, (Zetetes, 1918)
Or in the TFES library The Sea-Earth Globe and and its Monstrous Hypothetical Motions, (Zetetes, 1918)

Don't you just love the shape of Australia and the USA in that Azimuthal Equidistant (0°,0°) Centred Projection of the Globe? Yes. it's just an AE Projection centred on Lat 0°, Long 0°.

Have fun!

For that matter, have you ever noticed that Australia, South America and Africa all seem to be (roughly) about the same size and shape ? Also Antarctica ?
And  have you ever noticed why some Flat Earthers may have ever wondered why some Round Earthers find this website a never ending source of fun and entertainment ?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 06:52:13 PM by geckothegeek »

geckothegeek

« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2017, 06:33:53 PM »
But.......
Back to the questions about the guards on the Ice Wall.
Has it always been guarded ?
If so, when was it first guarded ?
And by whom ? (That is : Before NASA)  ?
Please don't take this as blasphemous or sacreligious. It wasn't intended to be !
Guarded by Guardian Angels ?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 06:48:33 PM by geckothegeek »

« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2017, 07:29:22 PM »
But.......
Please don't take this as blasphemous or sacreligious. It wasn't intended to be !

Did it have to be guarded before people had the means to navigate there in the first place?

geckothegeek

« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2017, 02:13:36 AM »
But.......

Did it have to be guarded before people had the means to navigate there in the first place?

Good question !
But the question remains.:
But  when did it become necessary to guard it ?
And by whom ?
There  would have been means to navigate there for at least the last 100 years or so ?
FES seems to always put the blame on NASA.
But there would have been the means to navigate there long before NASA.
Did the guarding only start when all the space agencies in the world began showing photographs of the globe ? NASA is not the only one, you know !
This is all assuming that the earth is flat,  that there is an Ice Wall, and there are guards on it. ROFL !
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 04:32:13 AM by geckothegeek »

geckothegeek

« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2017, 04:51:52 AM »

Then

Have fun!

Hmmmm.........I've just been perusing that map at great length. I have never considered my self a real sailor although I was in the U.S. Navy for four years and was on three cruises from San Francisco and San Diego, California , in the United States of America, to Yokosuka, in Japan. For the life of me I don't remember ever going by way of the North Pole and Russia. I must have slept through the whole cruise and missed it all.......That is .....If we had used the Bipolar Azimuthal Equidistant Projection as our means of navigation ! LOL
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 05:02:12 AM by geckothegeek »

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2017, 09:03:56 AM »
Hmmmm.........I've just been perusing that map at great length. I have never considered my self a real sailor although I was in the U.S. Navy for four years and was on three cruises from San Francisco and San Diego, California , in the United States of America, to Yokosuka, in Japan. For the life of me I don't remember ever going by way of the North Pole and Russia. I must have slept through the whole cruise and missed it all.......That is .....If we had used the Bipolar Azimuthal Equidistant Projection as our means of navigation ! LOL

Then I imagine you fell off the edge! How'd you get back - did you use JRoweSkeptic's aether (The Flat Earth Society) transport mechanism?

« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2017, 04:40:08 PM »
Maybe a lot of people traveled there and never returned? There has probably been AT LEAST 10,000 voyages like that in the history of humanity

geckothegeek

« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2017, 08:15:40 PM »

Then I imagine you fell off the edge! How'd you get back - did you use JRoweSkeptic's aether (The Flat Earth Society) transport mechanism?

I must have slept trought that, too. We always managed to get there and get back on time, though.

Just remember when you read my posts on this thread . :
IF the earth was flat.
IF that map was a true map of the world  "as it is".

Meanwhile......Doesn't the FES have any records as to guards on the Ice Wall except some from Rowbotham ?

geckothegeek

« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2017, 08:17:04 PM »
Maybe a lot of people traveled there and never returned? There has probably been AT LEAST 10,000 voyages like that in the history of humanity

But how many to the Ice Wall ?
See the Flat Earth Wiki, searching on "Ice Wall".
Haven't there been any expeditions or discoveries of the Ice Wall since those of Sir James Clark Ross ?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 12:37:37 AM by geckothegeek »

« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2017, 03:56:56 PM »

But how many to the Ice Wall ?
See the Flat Earth Wiki, searching on "Ice Wall".
Haven't there been any expeditions or discoveries of the Ice Wall since those of Sir James Clark Ross ?

Maybe Chinese sailors from 500 BC went there and succumb to the elements. Who knows. If Columbus would've made a wrong turn and ended up there maybe no one would discover America  ::) lol

geckothegeek

« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2017, 05:23:51 PM »

I imagine we played it safe and kept close to the  coast of Alaska and Russia to avoid getting near the edge.
On second thought it looks as if it wouldn't be much farther by going east, via the Panama Canal, Suez Canal, etc. and on to Japan.
Maybe that's it. The weather was always warm all the way.
I think we need someone with more expertise in navigation for an explanation.

Not being an expert, but I have one.
That map is just the Bipolar Projection of the Globe. It is even worse than the Unipolar Projection as far as distortion is concerned.
Flat Earthers, let's face it , you have just got to come up with something better. LOL.

I am afraid this thread is headed for CN.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 05:37:48 PM by geckothegeek »

geckothegeek

« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2017, 05:47:08 PM »
What is the purpose of debating this?

In my experience people who believe the Earth is flat do so because of a "gut feeling" or religious belief or paranoia

Any evidence for a spherical Earth can simply be dismissed as "faked" or irrelevant. The fact that no digital flat Earth model has ever been constructed that accurately simulates what we actually see is completely ignored.

A good example of this is the Bedford canal wager where the flat Earth'er lost the bet and then spent twenty years harassing and threatening the surveyor who proved him wrong. So the wiki simply rewrites history. 

Might as well step out into the sunshine and debate whether it is day time or night time.

There really is no reason to debate whether the earth is the shape that it is or not.
Except flat earth delusion or ignorance.....Possible ?

Just for the record. You will not find any flat earth believers in the U.S.Navy.....either on active duty or veterans.
The subject never came up for discussion. We would have thought they were candidates for the loony bin !  LOL
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 06:00:52 PM by geckothegeek »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2017, 08:23:21 PM »

Just for the record. You will not find any flat earth believers in the U.S.Navy.....either on active duty or veterans.

Citation needed...

« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2017, 08:52:13 PM »
We would have thought they were candidates for the loony bin !  LOL

At least you finally admit that your mind can't even begin to process a reality different than the one you "know," because that obviously would mean you would get drug away, sedated and shock therapy'd.

geckothegeek

« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2017, 01:37:23 AM »

Citation needed...

In an exchange of inquiry via e-mail .:
Chaplains in the U.S. Navy reported that they are tolerant of all person's beliiefs  as long as it does not interfere  with their duties.
They also reported that they have never encountered any person with a belief in a flat earth nor has the subject of a flat earth even ever come up for discussion.
This would be especially true of those in lookout duties whose training includes estimating distances from estimates of the distance to the horizon.which is contrary to flat earth ideas.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 04:21:39 AM by geckothegeek »