Re: Community
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2013, 08:00:02 AM »
Him appearing as a Drow for Dungeon's and Dragons wasn't funny?

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2013, 08:40:06 AM »
It was funny at first...until he started talking and doing his whole "I am ablahblahblah...the magiciiaaann hahahahahah i need to make silly voices to be funny" shtick. It seems like anything funny that involves him is at his expense and when he's not talking or really doing anything. Again, maybe I'm just crazy, but he seems to follow the Dane Cook book of comedy where jumping around and making funny voices = comedy gold!
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2013, 08:55:08 AM »
I'll not have you comparing anything on Community to Dane Cook.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2013, 10:03:27 AM »
I'm sorry, but that is about how I feel about Chang. :[ There's probably a more apt comparison if I thought about it, but I can't say it'd be much more flattering

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2013, 10:05:28 PM »
To be honest, I thought you guys were adopting an overly critical snobbishness when it came to the fourth season. I mean, people complained about a drop in quality with the third season, and I found it to be neglibile. I did not believe Community could ever possibly get as bad as everyone was claiming.

Having finally watched it, I can say that, if anything, you were all far too lenient. I do not have high hopes for what is to come next; the series has been permanently marred and is probably beyond recovery.
I just gave up hope and quit watching most the fourth season. I know they're trying to make the fifth season a "new" starting point, in the sense that you can jump in and watch it from that point forward and it'll still make sense. In my mind, the fifth season is the fourth season and the fourth season didn't happen.
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2013, 02:24:20 AM »
There was a fourth season?

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2013, 11:38:35 AM »

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2014, 01:51:28 AM »
So was it good?

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2014, 03:21:22 AM »
Yes.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2014, 05:24:34 AM »
Both episodes were really good.  Jeff's ridiculous commercial and Abed's re-edited version of it made me laugh harder than anything in the fourth season.

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2014, 05:33:43 AM »
fuck I missed it. 

I need a streeeeeeeaamm
inb4 Blanko spoons a literally pizza

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2014, 05:38:17 AM »
http://www.primewire.ag/tv-27194-Community

Streaming for every episode!

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2014, 05:45:07 AM »
grazie!

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2014, 08:13:10 AM »
Both episodes were really good.  Jeff's ridiculous commercial and Abed's re-edited version of it made me laugh harder than anything in the fourth season.

I didn't really care for either of those, but then again I feel like they were just there to get the season 3 and 4-esque ridiculous over-the-top pop culture skit out of the way. I like that there's once again a much larger focus on study room conversations and the actual school, and that Jeff is again in the role of the "group leader". It feels like their method of doing a do-over was just reverting back to their season one style, which is fine because I like it.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 11:38:25 AM by Blanko »

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2014, 11:28:26 AM »
Holy damn, the episodes were...really good. Community is...good again?

omg im so happy

"That's like me blaming owls for how much I suck at analogies" killed me, as did so many other bits, omg. And without spoiling anything, Abed in the second episode in general. w0w.

My nephew's going to be very upset at the "I can't just pretend to teach people, I'm not MythBusters" line when I show him the episodes, though.

Also, Chang was a bit less annoying...except when he got all "hahahahaaaa weird voiceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees because thats comedy" like he is wont to do

But yeah, just in general I'm actually really excited for this season now! There were a couple of dumb bits, but like Blanko said, I like them subverting the last season by going back to season one style, though with hints of all the other seasons in it. As long as it doesn't become latter-half-of-season-3 or, god forbid, have more goddamn paintball episodes.

Also Magnitude is still dumb...which actually reminds me, his "mention" in the first episode was actually hilarious

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2014, 08:54:29 PM »
Imagine if Nicolas Cage actually appeared on Community.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2014, 09:08:29 PM »
Also Magnitude is still dumb...which actually reminds me, his "mention" in the first episode was actually hilarious

I loved how it looked like they were just ignoring the existence of Pierce, until Pierce actually showed up (more or less).

It feels good to be able to say I love this show again.   :)
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2014, 11:50:14 PM »
I thought they were good, but not spectacular.

How many more episodes is Donald Glover in? I'm pretty sure he isn't in all of the episodes.

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2014, 12:03:58 AM »
I thought they were good, but not spectacular.

How many more episodes is Donald Glover in? I'm pretty sure he isn't in all of the episodes.

The first 6 or 7.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2014, 02:44:16 AM »
he seems to follow the Dane Cook book of comedy where jumping around and making funny voices = comedy gold!