Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
What in the fuck?
« on: October 27, 2016, 05:56:33 PM »
So the new MacBooks don't have hdmi or USB. They have 4 thunderbolt ports. Weeeewwwww lad.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
Re: What in the fuck?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 05:57:03 PM »
lmao
The Mastery.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 05:59:56 PM »
I'm seriously pissed right now. I ain't getting a $2k laptop only to have to get 4 dongles just to connect all my shit. Bye Apple.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 06:11:35 PM »
$2k laptop
Who in their right mind would ever even consider this?

Apple.
Or this for that matter.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 06:13:20 PM by beardo »
The Mastery.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 06:33:47 PM »
The laptop is pretty underwhelming. There was a brief period when MacBooks had some of the latest internals, and now they are lagging behind again.

Touchbar is meh. Although 4 Thunderbolt ports that can also do 20Gb USB 3.1 gen 2 is pretty sweet. Everything is going to end up being USB C anyway.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 06:44:38 PM »
They also dropped MagSafe charging which was, arguably, one of the best features the MacBook had.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
What in the fuck?
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 06:47:42 PM »
They also dropped MagSafe charging which was, arguably, one of the best features the MacBook had.

Actually, yes, fuck that noise. Probably why any of the new ports can be a charging port since you'll be breaking them constantly. But damn I have 6 or 7 MagSafe adapters laying all over the house these days. Quite a bit of money invested in those and they really were  innovative.

Also, fuck that price. I've got an Air and a late 2013 13" retina pro that are still rock solid. Not interested in this offering especially at this price point.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 06:49:36 PM by junker »

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 09:49:30 PM »

Actually, yes, fuck that noise. Probably why any of the new ports can be a charging port since you'll be breaking them constantly. But damn I have 6 or 7 MagSafe adapters laying all over the house these days. Quite a bit of money invested in those and they really were  innovative.

Also, fuck that price. I've got an Air and a late 2013 13" retina pro that are still rock solid. Not interested in this offering especially at this price point.

It Takes CourageĀ®

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2016, 06:12:07 PM »
I've spent a while now looking at the new MacBooks and reading opinions and hands on reviews. I have to say, that Steve is rolling over in his fucking grave right now. I hope they post a huge loss on MacBook sales and realize how shitty of a device they're putting out. Don't know if it will happen, but this shit sucks.

All I wanted was a refreshed 13" retina pro. That laptop is amazing. I guess I can get one with an already outdated 6th gen intel proc and a massive adapter to convert one of the two thunderbolt ports into something useful. And never use my MagSafe adapters again. Goddamn assholes.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2016, 07:00:24 PM »
what the actual fuckkk
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2016, 07:01:12 PM »
So the new MacBooks don't have hdmi or USB. They have 4 thunderbolt ports. Weeeewwwww lad.

Courage

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2016, 01:23:43 AM »
USB-C is the future. It is all we need.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2016, 03:56:29 AM »
USB-C is the future. It is all we need.

Irrelevant. This is about post-Jobs Apple being dumb as shit. First they take away the headphone jack on the iPhone. Fine, whatever. But then they add a headphone jack to the new macbook, and then you can't use your new iPhone headphones with your new Mac. It gets worse. Now you can't even connect your new iPhone to your new Mac without a dongle. Then, they get rid of MagSafe, the best feature in a Mac and replace it with janky USB charging. What the fuck are they even doing? I feel like Jobs' roadmap for the future of Apple ran out and now the company is just scrambling for ways to appear new and innovative. Instead, they're building cars with square wheels just because it's different.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 03:58:15 AM by Hollocron »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
What in the fuck?
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2016, 04:08:03 AM »
They actually canceled plans for the Apple car, so there's that. Now we just need a functional laptop. It's going to be crazy when the previous gen MacBooks are selling for more than the new shit on the secondary market.

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2016, 03:41:17 PM »
i got a 12-inch macbook retina last spring, figured i'd weigh in on the usb charger thing.  i hated it at first, but i'm pretty ok with it now.  i'm already pretty cautious around my computers and wires and such, so tripping on the cord isn't a big issue for me; but, i do enjoy that 1) i can charge my laptop and phone with the same small charger, and 2) that i can finally charge my laptop with my portable battery.  that's clutch for me.

it's a half-dozen-in-the-other kind of thing for me.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2016, 06:57:28 PM »

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2016, 12:35:40 AM »
$2k laptop
Who in their right mind would even consider this.

I paid 1k for my phone  :o :o

Offline model 29

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2016, 04:58:14 PM »
$2k laptop
Who in their right mind would even consider this.

I paid 1k for my phone  :o :o
Who in their right mind would even consider this?

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2016, 10:06:57 PM »
The Mastery.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2016, 11:06:44 PM »
I paid $200 for my phone and less than $800 for my laptop.

Y'all should just send me that money you're wasting. I got student loans to pay off.