Greeting FES.
I'm new to the FES. I have always had a hunch of a flat earth, but never could quite put it into words. That is until today, I began surfing the internet to find such evidence which brought me here. However there is one question that my friends have asked me that I cannot answer. They say that when they have traveled from Australia to South America they have traveled over "Antarctica" and also across the ocean. They say if there was an ice wall then this type of travel wouldn't be possible. I have never traveled in this area of the earth so I cannot comment. But I do know the ice wall exists as it is the only plausible explanation.

Thank you for any help you can offer. I cannot wait to hear what some of the more experienced FES members can add to this.
FF

geckothegeek

Re: Traveling from Australia to South America Across "Antarctica"
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 08:20:14 PM »
Greeting FES.
I'm new to the FES. I have always had a hunch of a flat earth, but never could quite put it into words. That is until today, I began surfing the internet to find such evidence which brought me here. However there is one question that my friends have asked me that I cannot answer. They say that when they have traveled from Australia to South America they have traveled over "Antarctica" and also across the ocean. They say if there was an ice wall then this type of travel wouldn't be possible. I have never traveled in this area of the earth so I cannot comment. But I do know the ice wall exists as it is the only plausible explanation.

Thank you for any help you can offer. I cannot wait to hear what some of the more experienced FES members can add to this.
FF

Antarctica has been surveyed and mapped. It is a continent. No ice wall. Just some ice shelfs around the edge but no continouous "ice wall."........Round Earth answer.
Flat earth's turn now. Some flat earthers have posted cropped photos of an ice shelf as proof of the ice wall. And flat earthers are the  ones who say you can't trust photographs as evidence ! LOL !

I think ?  (correct me if I'm wrong, Tom Bishop) Tom Bishop thinks the "Bipolar Map" (Projection) is an accurate map of the "flat earth". There is no ice ring. Antarctica is shown as a continent. The edge is so far away from the sun  that the ocean freezes there and that forms sort of an ice dam that keeps the water from flowing over the edge.I presume it is also a barrier to keep people from falling over the edge. Or if the earth is infinite, it forms a barrier to keep people from exploring those unknown lands beyond the (flat) earth.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 11:33:14 PM by geckothegeek »

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 09:08:28 PM »
Does any one of any merit have anything to say? Anyone?...

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 09:39:21 PM »
First I need to know: How do you know the ice wall exists, despite the fact you've never traveled that part of the earth?
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

geckothegeek

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 01:09:17 AM »
First I need to know: How do you know the ice wall exists, despite the fact you've never traveled that part of the earth?
The icewall does not exist.....except in the imagination of the imaginary flat earth.LOL

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 01:02:23 AM »
While the Ice Wall is not the only explanation (see this alternative model, which I believe is primarily championed by Tom Bishop), the simple answer is that your friends are mistaken about what happened. They most likely flew alongside the wall, and not "through" Antarctica.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 11:58:43 AM »
Drivel as usual Sexpest! If they had flown anywhere near the wall they would have been shot down by the Femi-nazi storm-troop battalions of the UN.

Also with my insider knowledge of these things, the walls have been disfigured by the anarchist, hacker collective suicide graffiti squads that periodically flood out from the Asian slave camps, a diaspora of cast aside electronic & clothing workers, (ruined for fine motor-control work by years of amphetamine and MDMA additives in their rations for increased production, but capable of great works of reckless Art), arriving in baroque barges crafted from returned Nike trainers, with vast jamming arrays of wire hangers and pirated Apple/Samsung-ware, to get them through the shoals of mind-slaved dolphin torpedoes.
Any pristine white edifices you have photos of, are probably Gypsum crystal ether-wave transmitters, used for mind control.

How about that for merit, Frankie boy?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 10:30:52 PM by Jura-Glenlivet »
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Flatout

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 11:50:55 PM »
I had lunch next to some people at Mount Rushmore, SD yesterday.  They had a dream to visit every continent in the world.  They had just been to Antarctica a few months earlier and took an inland flight tour.  Apparently, it's not so hard.

Offline Socker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 06:45:10 PM »
While the Ice Wall is not the only explanation (see this alternative model, which I believe is primarily championed by Tom Bishop), the simple answer is that your friends are mistaken about what happened. They most likely flew alongside the wall, and not "through" Antarctica.
Aren't you supposed to be able to see Russia from Alaska?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2017, 04:02:29 PM »
Aren't you supposed to be able to see Russia from Alaska?
Only in the most technical of senses, Mrs Palin.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2008/09/can_you_really_see_russia_from_alaska.html

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2017, 06:09:28 PM »
Drivel as usual Sexpest! If they had flown anywhere near the wall they would have been shot down by the Femi-nazi storm-troop battalions of the UN.

Also with my insider knowledge of these things, the walls have been disfigured by the anarchist, hacker collective suicide graffiti squads that periodically flood out from the Asian slave camps, a diaspora of cast aside electronic & clothing workers, (ruined for fine motor-control work by years of amphetamine and MDMA additives in their rations for increased production, but capable of great works of reckless Art), arriving in baroque barges crafted from returned Nike trainers, with vast jamming arrays of wire hangers and pirated Apple/Samsung-ware, to get them through the shoals of mind-slaved dolphin torpedoes.
Any pristine white edifices you have photos of, are probably Gypsum crystal ether-wave transmitters, used for mind control.

How about that for merit, Frankie boy?

Late to this one, but please keep the witty shitposts in the appropriate fora. Friendly warning.

geckothegeek

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2017, 03:55:39 PM »
Theoretically, if you were high enough , had a powerful enough telescope, and filters or other means to penetrate the "atmoplane" (and they do exist) you should be able to see the "ice wall" from any place on earth ......if the earth was flat.

Offline Flatout

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2017, 04:06:24 PM »
I do find some portions of the flat earth claim to breach their own Zetetic demands.  How can Zetetic scientist believe in a dome they have never touched and a an ice wall they have never seen?   Isn't the Zetetic demand that one must observe it to embrace it?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2017, 06:07:34 PM »
Theoretically, if you were high enough , had a powerful enough telescope, and filters or other means to penetrate the "atmoplane" (and they do exist) you should be able to see the "ice wall" from any place on earth ......if the earth was flat.
This is incorrect for more reasons than I care to list. Would you mind explaining why you think this might be the case?

I do find some portions of the flat earth claim to breach their own Zetetic demands.  How can Zetetic scientist believe in a dome they have never touched and a an ice wall they have never seen?   Isn't the Zetetic demand that one must observe it to embrace it?
I can only speak for myself, but: I have witnessed the Ice Wall, and I do not believe in the Firmament. The latter is not a particularly common belief.

geckothegeek

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2017, 10:08:37 PM »
This is incorrect for more reasons than I care to list. Would you mind explaining why you think this might be the case?

I can only speak for myself, but: I have witnessed the Ice Wall, and I do not believe in the Firmament. The latter is not a particularly common belief.

In being able to see the ice wall from any place on earth , I was assuming. :
 You would have to be in some place high enough where you would be able to see over any thing that would obstruct your view of the ice wall.
On second thought I can see where you would not be able to see the ice wall from ANY place on earth.
Flat earth reasonings as to places where you COULD and COULD NOT see the ice wall would  be appreciated from the flat earth view pont.

You state you have witnessed the ice wall.
Have you been able to see it  in its entirety it as a continuous ice wall of some 80,000 miles ?
Were your observations by air or by sea ? How long did you take to do this ?
Correctly if I'm wrong, but I believe you are the first person from whom I have read this claim ?
If you do not believe in the firmament, what is your belief of a dome, or what ever there is above the earth, etc.?
Or the horizon ? What would it be and where would it be on a flat earth ?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 10:20:42 PM by geckothegeek »

geckothegeek

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2017, 10:31:07 PM »
I'm making this a separate post.

In asking all these questions , I am just interested  in any things for explanations of the old question : " If the earth was flat, how would things have to be if the earth was flat - and if they are not that way, why aren't they ? "