Offline Warkov

• View Profile
Flat earth interrogation
« on: March 03, 2017, 10:34:40 AM »
Is this a big size joke and the best hoax of thistory or do you really and genuinely think that earth is flat?

Re: Flat earth interrogation
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 12:01:58 PM »
Is this a big size joke and the best hoax of thistory or do you really and genuinely think that earth is flat?

Yes, they do think the earth is flat. And there are so many of them they even have categories. You have those who believe it on a conspiractorial standpoint, those who believe on religious  grounds and finally you have those who believe in the flat earth on a "scientific" standpoint. The cool thing is that they come at the problem from very different perspectives. But even then you have people that come at it at all angles not unlike an octopus playing the drums flailing its arms around.

Tldr; Yes they do
"Generally speaking, the Way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death" -(Miyamoto Musashi)

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 09:50:20 PM »
The trouble is that the way they usually come across leads you to wonder if the FES is really just (Quote) "One big hoax or one big joke."(Unquote....from the Internet)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 09:52:23 PM by geckothegeek »
Stick close to your P.C's and never go to sea
And You All may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Yes, Never, Never, Never go to sea
Just look out your windows,
Flat ! Flat ! Flat !
Is all that you shall see !

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 04:09:19 PM »
The Earth is flat.  Get over it.
Electro-Theologist, Poet, Philosopher, Musician, Etymologist, Egyptologist, Astro-Theologist, Geocentrist, Flat Earther, and Collector of Rare Books.

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 05:00:11 PM »

The world is a big place and not everything is intuitive. A lot of the things that are true about the science of our world are counterintuitive. Not everything is the way you think it's going to be. What I've found in a lot of the wiki pages is that the foundation of these beliefs are in "if the earth was round than the buildings should be curving away from me, I should see this, it should be this way". Based on what? Just your belief that you should see it that way? The world does not accommodate you, me or anyone else. The Earth is gigantic and the Greeks were actually able to measure the curvature of the earth very close to exact over 2,000 years ago.
"Generally speaking, the Way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death" -(Miyamoto Musashi)

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 09:01:41 PM »

The world is a big place and not everything is intuitive. A lot of the things that are true about the science of our world are counterintuitive. Not everything is the way you think it's going to be. What I've found in a lot of the wiki pages is that the foundation of these beliefs are in "if the earth was round than the buildings should be curving away from me, I should see this, it should be this way". Based on what? Just your belief that you should see it that way? The world does not accommodate you, me or anyone else. The Earth is gigantic and the Greeks were actually able to measure the curvature of the earth very close to exact over 2,000 years ago.

Not everything is counterintuitive either.  Get over yourself.
Electro-Theologist, Poet, Philosopher, Musician, Etymologist, Egyptologist, Astro-Theologist, Geocentrist, Flat Earther, and Collector of Rare Books.

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 11:15:18 PM »

Most of the science that deals with the FE Theroy is, though. But, in all honesty what weight am I putting into the words of the man who is content to not even explore possibilities that could disprove the FE due to its complexity:

It would be interesting to be able to make sense of the absurdities of quantum mechanics, but there are just some things we can easily observe without understanding with our present level of knowledge.  Perhaps some day.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2017, 08:12:33 PM »

Most of the science that deals with the FE Theroy is, though. But, in all honesty what weight am I putting into the words of the man who is content to not even explore possibilities that could disprove the FE due to its complexity:

It would be interesting to be able to make sense of the absurdities of quantum mechanics, but there are just some things we can easily observe without understanding with our present level of knowledge.  Perhaps some day.

I have explored a great deal that people such as yourself have claimed dispute a flat Earth and it has all been wanting.  It's not your fault you believe what you do and I have the greatest sympathy.  But the Earth is flat.  Deal with it.

Offline Flatout

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 10:00:29 PM »

I have explored a great deal that people such as yourself have claimed dispute a flat Earth and it has all been wanting.  It's not your fault you believe what you do and I have the greatest sympathy.  But the Earth is flat.  Deal with it.
This is a debate about the shape of the earth.  Critiquing ones opponent can only resolve information about the opponent not the shape of the earth.  How does your opponents condition resolve your stance on the shape of the earth?

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 03:55:17 AM »

This is a debate about the shape of the earth.  Critiquing ones opponent can only resolve information about the opponent not the shape of the earth.  How does your opponents condition resolve your stance on the shape of the earth?

wat

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2017, 05:21:32 AM »

wat

Translation - "deal with it" is not a good enough reason bud.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2017, 08:08:45 PM »

wat

Translation - "deal with it" is not a good enough reason bud.

But the purpose of this thread was just to state your opinion... there is no debate going on here. I also feel like flatout  intended something different with his question but obviously you didn't understand it either so at least I know it wasn't just me. Thanks for your support.