Gravity And Other Topics
« on: January 12, 2017, 09:33:11 PM »
On the FAQ it states that Gravity does not exist and that things simply fall down.  It also states that in the sun is an object in the sky.  These simply don't add up so how do celestial objects not fall on the earth?  On top of this is the matter that meteorite craters are supposedly man made, sorry if my questions seem illogical, but how do you suppose extinction occurred and do you believe that we actually have atmospheric layers or that the sky seems to go upwards forever?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 09:45:03 PM by KnowledgeIsPower »

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
Re: Gravity And Other Topics
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 02:16:49 AM »
On the FAQ it states that Gravity does not exist and that things simply fall down.  It also states that in the sun is an object in the sky.  These simply don't add up so how do celestial objects not fall on the earth?  On top of this is the matter that meteorite craters are supposedly man made, sorry if my questions seem illogical, but how do you suppose extinction occurred and do you believe that we actually have atmospheric layers or that the sky seems to go upwards forever?
I cannot find anywhere in Q&A that says anything like "Gravity does not exist and that things simply fall down".

The "Gravity does not exist" bit is in "the Wiki".
I do not support the "Flat Earth" but look in
Universal Acceleration
Universal Acceleration (UA) is a theory of gravity in the Flat Earth Model. UA asserts that the Earth is accelerating 'upward' at a constant rate of 9.8m/s2.

This produces the effect commonly referred to as "gravity".

The Basics
According to Flat Earth Theory, gravity does not exist. Instead, there is a force that produces identical effects as observed from the surface of the earth. This force is known as "Universal Acceleration" (abbreviated as UA).

Objects on the earth's surface have weight because all sufficiently massive celestial bodies are accelerating upward at the rate of 9.8 m/s^2. The mass of the earth is thought to shield the objects atop it from the direct force of UA. Alternatively, it is possible that the force of UA can actually pass through objects, but its effect on smaller bodies is negligible (similar to gravity in RET cosmology, which only has a noticeable affect on very large objects).

However, not all Flat Earth models dismiss the theory of gravity. The Davis Model proposes that the earth is an infinite plane exerting a finite gravitational pull (g), which is consistent with Gauss's Law.

I do not agree with it, but it replicates the effect of gravitation far better than other explanation, such "Denspressure".

I can't find much helpful in Q&A on gravity. There are some very meaningless "explanations", as Gravity,Weight and Altitude? « Reply #19 on: July 16, 2015, 07:04:47 AM ».

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 09:05:48 PM »
Thank you, rabinoz, your insight was very helpful :)

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 11:56:53 PM »
Thank you, rabinoz, your insight was very helpful :)
I would have thought by now that since I could not find much helpful that some knowledgeable Flat Earther might have offered so guidance.