Height of the sun by season - explain please
« on: June 20, 2017, 08:32:10 PM »
I am new to this, fairly new. I still have some doubts, but I am at a percentage where, to me, the earth is getting flatter every week.
Anyway,
One thing that hits me while looking at the sunset here in the northern part of Sweden, where the summer nights are close to endless, is that the sun sets in the west up until summer, and then during summer, it sets a few miles to the north-west.
The view from my balcony is over the mountains and in the winter the sun sets behind them, but summer it never touches the tops, simply passes by and sets further to the north....
I can see how seasons work in the Flat earth model, but not how this is explained.
The image is pretty weak but explains the major shift in distance to where it "sets".
Also I have a pretty weird video of the moon coming incredibly close to the sun, upon request.

Offline Smokified

• View Profile
Re: Height of the sun by season - explain please
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 12:48:59 AM »
I am new to this, fairly new. I still have some doubts, but I am at a percentage where, to me, the earth is getting flatter every week.
Anyway,
One thing that hits me while looking at the sunset here in the northern part of Sweden, where the summer nights are close to endless, is that the sun sets in the west up until summer, and then during summer, it sets a few miles to the north-west.
The view from my balcony is over the mountains and in the winter the sun sets behind them, but summer it never touches the tops, simply passes by and sets further to the north....
I can see how seasons work in the Flat earth model, but not how this is explained.
The image is pretty weak but explains the major shift in distance to where it "sets".
Also I have a pretty weird video of the moon coming incredibly close to the sun, upon request.

You know the answer to your question.  Why are you working so hard to try and make it fit where it doesn't belong?

The earth is not flat. Period.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 03:16:23 AM »
Anyway,

You know the answer to your question.  Why are you working so hard to try and make it fit where it doesn't belong?

The earth is not flat. Period.

If you have nothing to add to the thread, then please refrain from posting. Warned.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 03:19:46 AM »
Fuck off with your warnings, you miserable tin-foil hat wearing narcissist.  My response to his question was entirely valid, and your feelings on the matter are irrelevant.
Oh boy... Another tantrum... Have a week off.

[/quote]
I have unlimited email and IP addresses at my disposal.
[/quote]
False.