Re: For the love of all that is holy, read this.
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2017, 04:42:29 AM »
Why would you be able to see where it is night?

Because of the time? Lol

I guess I don't understand your question. A round earth won't obscure your ability to see the horizon line, you can see this line from a 747 on a trans Atlantic flight. More to that point at that altitude you can see a slight curvature to the earth too.
I'm going to hazard a guess he means why would we be able to see the locations upon the world where it's night. To which I would say, quite simply, 'light radiation' from large cities should show up, as well as at times the moon likely should afford some illumination of night zones.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2017, 12:49:35 PM »

Because of the time? Lol

I guess I don't understand your question. A round earth won't obscure your ability to see the horizon line, you can see this line from a 747 on a trans Atlantic flight. More to that point at that altitude you can see a slight curvature to the earth too.

Lack of light tends to obscure visibility.

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2017, 01:53:05 PM »

Because of the time? Lol

Lack of light tends to obscure visibility.

A black body object is always visable on the background of space.

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2017, 03:20:04 AM »
Alright, as dad as I am concerned, not one flat earther has provided a credible answer to my questions. No one is willing to launch their own balloon. No one will provide proof of this ice wall. No one will provide one shred of proof of a flat earth. And as usual when enough concreat proof has been provided they burry their heads in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2017, 04:09:22 PM »
Alright, as dad as I am concerned, not one flat earther has provided a credible answer to my questions. No one is willing to launch their own balloon. No one will provide proof of this ice wall. No one will provide one shred of proof of a flat earth. And as usual when enough concreat proof has been provided they burry their heads in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist.

What are you talking about? Your "concrete proof" video was discredited in the second post of this thread.

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2017, 05:50:11 PM »

What are you talking about? Your "concrete proof" video was discredited in the second post of this thread.

No, it wasn't, plus there are a lot of other points brought up, no one wants to even try to answer them.

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2017, 03:42:14 AM »
Lol

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2017, 02:24:09 PM »
Lol

Hi there, please refrain from low-content posting in the upper fora. You have already been warned once previously. The next one will be a 3-day ban.

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2017, 05:43:02 PM »
Just a thought. Is everything said about flat earth is also under low-content classification?
Flat Earth is one of the following:
- nonsense
- bullshit
- garbage
- trash
- junk
- crap

Choose to your liking.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2017, 06:11:23 PM »
Just a thought. Is everything said about flat earth is also under low-content classification?

What a hilarious and totally 100% original thing that no one has literally ever said before.

If you want to shitpost, do it in one of the fora designed for that purpose. Or go somewhere else. Warned.

« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2017, 06:46:50 AM »

Measurements of distances and the angle of the sun prove a round earth, repeated because you cannot disprove this.

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2017, 04:30:21 PM »

What a hilarious and totally 100% original thing that no one has literally ever said before.

If you want to shitpost, do it in one of the fora designed for that purpose. Or go somewhere else. Warned.
Well, why this is shit post? I'm writing absolutely seriously. This is exactly what I think about this theory.
Flat Earth is one of the following:
- nonsense
- bullshit
- garbage
- trash
- junk
- crap

Choose to your liking.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2017, 04:46:42 PM »
What is your position here?
My position can be summarised as "Your data is bad and you should feel bad".

You are constantly lecturing people on the methods in which it is acceptable to communicate with you instead of just addressing the facts being presented.
Sorry, what facts? All we have here is a video showing enormous lens distortion. If the Earth were round, and if its curvature were as extreme as this video shows, the entire Earth would be smaller than the USA really is. There are no "facts" to "address" here.

If you wanted to have an exclusive club where everyone validates your conspiracy theory, why have a public site with a forum called "The Flat Earth Debate"?
What conspiracy theory?

If you are not interested in the debate, why come here and spend time blatantly avoiding the debate.
I'm always happy to debate. Just give me something to actually talk about.

You can, however, use math to verify the validity of any map that exists (keeping in mind that there is not one single "real" flat earth map that exists).
Fascinating. By all means, go ahead.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 04:50:19 PM by SexWarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2017, 02:48:56 AM »
Well, why this is shit post? I'm writing absolutely seriously. This is exactly what I think about this theory.

While I appreciate your super cool opinion, it is irrelevant to the topic. Please refrain from low-content posting. 2nd warning.

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2017, 04:00:31 AM »
What is your position here?
My position can be summarised as "Your data is bad and you should feel bad".

You are constantly lecturing people on the methods in which it is acceptable to communicate with you instead of just addressing the facts being presented.
Sorry, what facts? All we have here is a video showing enormous lens distortion. If the Earth were round, and if its curvature were as extreme as this video shows, the entire Earth would be smaller than the USA really is. There are no "facts" to "address" here.

If you wanted to have an exclusive club where everyone validates your conspiracy theory, why have a public site with a forum called "The Flat Earth Debate"?
What conspiracy theory?

If you are not interested in the debate, why come here and spend time blatantly avoiding the debate.
I'm always happy to debate. Just give me something to actually talk about.

You can, however, use math to verify the validity of any map that exists (keeping in mind that there is not one single "real" flat earth map that exists).
Fascinating. By all means, go ahead.

.... You do realize you're essentially arguing with one of your own people here, right? I sware you guys are just arguing for the same of arguing, you didn't even read the context.

To my point though, multiple balloons have been launched from all over the world, taking curvature out of the equation, one thing you can't argue is they a seem to apear to be launched from the center of the earth, now this is only possible on a spherical structure.

Also to my point, not one so for video has been shown a massive "ice wall" holding everything in. I even posted a video of a balloon from Australia that went up 90,000 km and no ice wall. How do you explaine that?

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2017, 06:22:13 PM »
http://www.qrg.northwestern.edu/projects/vss/docs/space-environment/1-what-causes-an-orbit.html

Maps of earth: There is no mathematical way to project a flat map of earth, so those who are trying to use maps to prove the earth is flat is just wrong.

https://www.trekbbs.com/threads/why-is-an-accurate-global-map-hard-to-make.141647/

If anyone wants to argue any other points I would be happy to enlighten you, but first I have an experiment for you. Do this and it will 100% prove one way or the other who is right:
1) Buy a very very large balloon
2) fill it with helium
3) attach a digital camera and a GPS so you can find it later, or put it on a very very long string.
4) let it go, when it comes back down look at the footage. If you don't want to do this yourself here is a link from someone who did, and before you call BS I expect to see footage of your own.

[/quote]

Your final and absolute proof is astonishingly weak.  Please.  Here's two screen shots; one of the image near ground level, and the second while approaching the stratosphere.  The red curvature line overlay is the same on both images.  Shame on you for claiming as proof, that which is so easily disproved. Lens distortion is the ONLY thing we're witnessing here.  Study more.

The real question is why everybody in Australia is a liar.  I suspect it's because they're all descendants of criminals. A real flat earth should have some degree of light, and some degree of full light over the entire surface at the same time.  But whenever It's full noon here in North America, and I call Australia, they always lie and say it's dark.  SAD!

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2017, 07:54:14 PM »

The real question is why everybody in Australia is a liar.  I suspect it's because they're all descendants of criminals. A real flat earth should have some degree of light, and some degree of full light over the entire surface at the same time.  But whenever It's full noon here in North America, and I call Australia, they always lie and say it's dark.  SAD!

..... you're messing with me now right? You're really going to say EVERY PERSON, in an entire country is a lier? Farthermore, and I have brought this up multiple times... WHY DO ALL OF THE BALLOONS APPEAR TO BE LAUNCHED FROM THE CENTER OF THE EARTH? no one will even touch this. Why can we not see this ice wall from 90,000 km in the air?!?! Saying every single man woman and child in Australia is a lier.... that just.... I don't even know what to do with that, you're hopeless.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 07:55:56 PM by SorryNotSorry »

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2017, 08:05:58 PM »

..... you're messing with me now right? You're really going to say EVERY PERSON, in an entire country is a lier? Farthermore, and I have brought this up multiple times... WHY DO ALL OF THE BALLOONS APPEAR TO BE LAUNCHED FROM THE CENTER OF THE EARTH? no one will even touch this. Why can we not see this ice wall from 90,000 km in the air?!?! Saying every single man woman and child in Australia is a lier.... that just.... I don't even know what to do with that, you're hopeless.
[/quote]

Hey, with a true flat earth, there must be light across the entire surface at one time.  It cannot be light here, and dark there.  Go ahead, shine a light from a single source onto a piece of paper.  it lights the entire surface.  If the earth is flat, how can it possibly be light here and dark there. To prove my theory I call them at noon, (them being 12 hours different) and yet they claim it's dark.  Ergo, the earth is round, or Australians are liars.  This entire site is dedicated to the earth being flat, so Aussies are liars.  Cant be any simpler.

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2017, 08:27:14 PM »
Hey, with a true flat earth, there must be light across the entire surface at one time.  It cannot be light here, and dark there.  Go ahead, shine a light from a single source onto a piece of paper.  it lights the entire surface.  If the earth is flat, how can it possibly be light here and dark there. To prove my theory I call them at noon, (them being 12 hours different) and yet they claim it's dark.  Ergo, the earth is round, or Australians are liars.  This entire site is dedicated to the earth being flat, so Aussies are liars.  Cant be any simpler.
Alternatively, you haven't read up on the 'spotlight' idea that has been put forth, that limits how much of the flat Earth the sun affects at one time. It's not hard to understand. Believable is another matter imo, but the idea is relatively simple. Please start your journey into FET here before using issues explained in the wiki to attempt to claim FET doesn't work, or that an entire country is lying to you. Feel free to discuss or debate the accuracy of said points, but when the wiki already covers why your claim isn't true, it's not a good start for your point.

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2017, 08:42:10 PM »
Alternatively, you haven't read up on the 'spotlight' idea that has been put forth, that limits how much of the flat Earth the sun affects at one time. It's not hard to understand. Believable is another matter imo, but the idea is relatively simple. Please start your journey into FET here before using issues explained in the wiki to attempt to claim FET doesn't work, or that an entire country is lying to you. Feel free to discuss or debate the accuracy of said points, but when the wiki already covers why your claim isn't true, it's not a good start for your point.

So, not only is the earth flat, the light emitting from the sun isn't omnidirectional? The sun acts like a spotlight?  Come on, even the logo of the FES shines a light on this fallacy. The logo shows the entire "disc" lighted at once.

I'm sorry, I can be taught things that I don't understand, but I can't be taught things that can't be understood.   This is the problem with believing something irrational.  In order to support it, you have to drag in more and more irrational beliefs and explanations.  Pretty soon you're defending global conspiracies, when pretty much everyone knows that humans can't keep a secret.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 08:58:53 PM by bkdivers »