Offline Toolazytomakeausername

• Most likely a human
    • View Profile
What is the best FE evidence?
« on: June 30, 2017, 06:39:49 AM »
Hello! I'm new to the FES and want to know what do you think (In opinion) Is the best FE evidence? I've gone through almost all of the wiki and would like to hear what other Flat Earthers think is the best evidence.
According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way that a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyways. Because bees don't care what humans think is impossible.

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
Re: What is the best FE evidence?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 12:26:00 PM »
I just look up at the sun and think, 149.6 million kms away ??? Really ???

A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

Offline Oami

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 05:33:11 PM »

What's wrong with that, and what's the actual distance then?

There is actually a topic of its own for that question.

Offline Smokified

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 08:26:37 PM »

So you are saying that your inability to comprehend the scale of the universe is what convinced you to believe in a conspiracy theory in which there is not one single bit of real evidence to support?

Can you share with us some other examples of situations in which using a lack of information results in an accurate conclusion?

Offline Dither

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 09:47:50 PM »
So you are saying that your inability to comprehend the scale of the universe is what convinced you to believe in a conspiracy theory in which there is not one single bit of real evidence to support?

Hi Smokified  :)

Why does it offend you so much that someone perceives things differently to you?

When I see the sun, I see a localised light, the suns beams come out at angles through cloud formations.
Also, the sun leaves a sunspot on the oceans consistent with a close proximity.
It is you who are blinded, not I, but I am not offended by your belief.

A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

Offline Oami

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 02:11:11 AM »
When I see the sun, I see a localised light, the suns beams come out at angles through cloud formations.

What do you mean by "angles"?

Of course the sunbeam meets the earth in some certain angle – but is there something wrong with these angles, assuming the sun were 150,000,000 km away? Say, are they too large or too small?

Have you, or anyone you know, ever been to this actual "spot"?

Offline Dither

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 04:02:01 AM »

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRvxdrhUI2Yj2KX84yYRNxJBnd9xQK9x8e12A7XKhTd3AUqLQAvBx27_bNFg

Those who hold to a heliocentric view ask us to disregard what we are seeing plainly with our own eyes.
I see it for what it is, a localised sun.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 06:20:08 AM »

Those who hold to a heliocentric view ask us to disregard what we are seeing plainly with our own eyes.

Well then, from your photo it looks like the sun is only a few miles up, certainly less than the thousands of miles in the typical FE model.  Do you believe the sun is only a few miles up?  Or do you acknowledge that optical illusions are a thing?
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline Oami

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2017, 07:38:19 AM »

Sorry, I don't see what the problem is with this picture. The sun isn't even visible, so you can't even measure its (apparent) size. Even if you saw the sun and its apparent size, you can't tell the actuall size if you don't know the distance; but if you know one, then you can calculate the other.

But maybe you can tell something. Where is the picture taken, and how far do you think the sun is 1) from the surface, 2) from the photographer? And what are those assumptions based on?

Offline Oami

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2017, 07:45:11 AM »
Or is the problem that the sunbeams should be parallel with each other?

Well, they pretty much are. Just like the left edge and right edge of this road are parallel, even though they maybe don't look like so. https://www.google.fi/maps/@61.7299665,24.800672,3a,75y,5.86h,81.23t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sjP2IpkkI_aZD1cvGEOpEcw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

(I can tell, this is my home town. :) )

Offline Smokified

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2017, 11:08:38 PM »

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRvxdrhUI2Yj2KX84yYRNxJBnd9xQK9x8e12A7XKhTd3AUqLQAvBx27_bNFg

Nobody is asking you to disregard what you are seeing.  They are just telling you you don't understand what you are seeing.  They are right.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2017, 02:28:10 PM »
That's because what you see is not always what's real.  For example, squares A and B are exactly the same shade of gray.

No, that's what you think you see.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Isiah

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2017, 04:02:03 PM »
One has to take into consideration that there are paid mid informers throughout the internet..  I would imagine a very high percentage on this particular site..   Only deal with reason.  Avoid the debate,, it fogs the thoughts.
For me,,  there are many flaws in the globe model, yet very little that needs explaining to me as regards the flat earth and firmament,   30 years of research and I still hold this opinion...   

Why does it offend you so much that someone perceives things differently to you?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2017, 08:27:17 PM »
One has to take into consideration that there are paid mid informers throughout the internet..  I would imagine a very high percentage on this particular site..   Only deal with reason.  Avoid the debate,, it fogs the thoughts.
For me,,  there are many flaws in the globe model, yet very little that needs explaining to me as regards the flat earth and firmament,   30 years of research and I still hold this opinion...   

Are you having issues with the quote function, or did you not have anything to add? Your last few posts have all been quotes with no contribution by you.

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2017, 01:39:22 PM »
It is i.possible to understand some things and rely only on what you see. This approach is simply wrong. If we were believing in only what we see we would hunting Mammoth even today.

Just as en axample one cannot see it's own brain. So it doesn't exist? Well, that sun seems to me a 3-5 km away from me. Yeah something like that. Wow we are such open minded! Don't you see a problem here?
Flat Earth is one of the following:
- nonsense
- bullshit
- garbage
- trash
- junk
- crap

Choose to your liking.

Isiah

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2017, 09:00:40 PM »

Hi Smokified

Hi Dither..

Don't get your mind fogged with drama,,,    this one sounds like a government aggravator to me,,,    just ignore,,,,     have a great day...

Offline Pineal

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2017, 06:43:21 AM »
Refraction.

As light passes from one medium to another, it bends and scatters, causing all sorts of optical illusions.

For instance, fill a clear glass with water. Put a spoon in it, and put it on your kitchen counter. Look at it. The spoon in the water looks slightly bigger, and it has shifted to the side. This is due to refraction.

The same thing happens to light from the sun. As the sunlight passes through the clouds, the light bends and scatters, causing the sunbeams to form some pretty dramatic angles. It's gorgeous, but in no way does it suggest the sun is any closer than it is. If you follow the angles of sunbeams from the image above, the sun appears to be just a few kilometers above those clouds, when even in FET the sun is supposed to be at least 3000km high.

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2017, 09:35:03 AM »

Just look in your pants, you've got flat balls!

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2017, 01:55:49 PM »

Please refrain from low content posting in the upper fora. Warned.

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2017, 06:20:59 PM »

Please refrain from low content posting in the upper fora. Warned.

Should I refrain from low content posting? What low content posting? All this is low content itself! And please, as you claim your own ideas let me to state mine, at least until you will have managed to convince me. no grudge, have a great day.