Flat earthlings, explain this please.
« on: June 16, 2017, 06:06:40 PM »
DISCLAIMER: I posted this on another forums thinking it was the FET forums, but apparently it wasn't, not many FE personals in there and I didn't get an answer, so I will post it here now.

Yesterday this happened here in my country and it is not explained at all on the flat earth model, well you guys have plenty of them, so I'm looking for a model that explains it logically.

How would you explain a moon that is half lit and half dark, but listen to this now it's important, the way its lit was pointing downwards, in an angler fashion, what I mean by this is, the moon was literally looking down the way I  see it.

Now some models say that moon half dark and half lit is because of the reflection of the sun, but I'm telling you here that if this is true, then the half lit and half dark should always be level because the moon and sun in your model is at the same height, so half moon or even less than half moon being lit, should always be straight from our viewing, until you tell me that the sun changes it's elevation which cause the reflection to be angular sometimes, which is insane in a flat earth model.

Now if you also go by the model of which you say moon is a flash-light and it gives light by itself, this also won't explain why the lit sometimes would be pointing upwards, or pointing downward from our view. Here's a picture to give you a better understanding of what I mean, please use logic with your answer and don't be retard, this for us in the globe makes perfect sense, it just shows that the sun is currently the opposite side of the earth which has "Morning" and the light reflection of the sun makes absolutely perfect sense in the globe model, because the sun is downwards from that picture. look

http://2sen.dip.jp/cgi-bin/upgun/up2/source/up2409.jpg

This exactly how the moon looked in my country yesterday, and it should be that way also for any other country that has the same NIGHT as mine in that day which also proves earth is a globe, because moon at the same exact time will look the same to everybody who has a NIGHT, also this disproves the flat which should have different moon shapes and looks to each different person depending on where they live.

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
Re: Flat earthlings, explain this please.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 06:23:48 PM »
Bio-luminescent moon shramp.
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 10:03:34 PM »
Now some models say that moon half dark and half lit is because of the reflection of the sun, but I'm telling you here that if this is true, then the half lit and half dark should always be level because the moon and sun in your model is at the same height, so half moon or even less than half moon being lit, should always be straight from our viewing, until you tell me that the sun changes it's elevation which cause the reflection to be angular sometimes, which is insane in a flat earth model.

Why is it insane for the moon or the sun to change elevation?

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 02:38:19 AM »

have you just now thought of this solution to make it work? well let me tell you why it is insane, because for that type of reflection on the moon to work, in this severe angle pointing down as seen in the picture or even in my country which was even more severe than shown here, then adding the fact that you guys think the moon is only 3000 miles away, the sun MUST either be hitting the earth to make this type of reflection on that angle of the moon, or maybe very very close to the earth, so it doesn't work my brother, please wake up sooner than later, it's ridiculous even to entertain the idea.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 06:38:15 PM »

have you just now thought of this solution to make it work? well let me tell you why it is insane, because for that type of reflection on the moon to work, in this severe angle pointing down as seen in the picture or even in my country which was even more severe than shown here, then adding the fact that you guys think the moon is only 3000 miles away, the sun MUST either be hitting the earth to make this type of reflection on that angle of the moon, or maybe very very close to the earth, so it doesn't work my brother, please wake up sooner than later, it's ridiculous even to entertain the idea.

If you look up the Moon's analemma you will find that the moon does seem to get higher and lower in the sky over its monthly lunar cycle.

Offline Smokified

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 12:04:48 AM »

If you look up the Moon's analemma you will find that the moon does seem to get higher and lower in the sky over its monthly lunar cycle.

Your response doesn't even remotely address the point of his post.  Plainly put, FE lore does not account for the perspective angle of the sun as it reflects off of the moon.  If it were an individual light source (as also documented in FE lore), there would not be phases.  Even if they were simulated, we would all see it at the same angle.