Offline Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
I propose that a temporary rule in the upper foura be put in place announcing that we are trying to create a modern edition of Earth Not a Globe as a community and that all conversations should be focused around this idea. A similar announcement should be made on the main page. It's going to take a monumental amount of effort to create a modern edition of Earth Not a Globe

When questions are posted for us to answer about FET the discussion should be centered on sticking to an agreed upon format and contributing to the work. RE'ers can provide challenge questions as desired, but two rules would need to be followed:

Rule 1: Stay on topic - All threads should keep on topic. If a question is asked about sinking ships, and the poster asks about the Apollo missions, his question will be ignored and redirected to the rules page.

Rule 2: All conversations must contribute to writing a modern edition of Earth Not a Globe. That doesn't mean we should finish one chapter per thread, but it does mean that we should focus our conversations on providing comprehensive answers, referencing supporting evidence, creating professional sentence and paragraph structure, and finding holes in explanations.

While not part of this vote proposal, I gave a suggestion for how this book should be formatted here: http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=1258.msg55509#msg55509
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 10:17:21 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
Re: All forum topics focused on completing an Annonated Earth Not a Globe
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 10:18:07 PM »
I'm not against this, necessarily, but we don't have the power to make or enforce rules on the forum. That's something to bring up with PP.

Also, it might be better to have a temporary board dedicated to ENaG, rather than the entire forum. That would be a little stilting.

I can write an announcement for the main page, once we figure out what we're doing.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 10:21:33 PM »
I'm not against this, necessarily, but we don't have the power to make or enforce rules on the forum. That's something to bring up with PP.

Also, it might be better to have a temporary board dedicated to ENaG, rather than the entire forum. That would be a little stilting.

I can write an announcement for the main page, once we figure out what we're doing.

It's not like we wouldn't be answering questions and engaging in debate . We would simply be doing so with the understanding that what we are writing will be included into a book. I don't really have the time to do research and write explanations for the various debates in the forum and do research and write explanations for a book. I don't think anyone else does, either. Since both the book and the forum will be asking and answering the same questions, this is a good compromise.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 10:29:01 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 10:24:04 PM »
Maybe. I'm not sure how I feel about it, though. Let's bring it up in a public board and see what happens
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 10:52:36 PM »