Offline SexWarrior

• e
  • (◕‿◕✿)
    • View Profile
    • The Flat Earth Society
Flat Earth and the Qur'an
« on: December 24, 2013, 01:30:39 PM »
An interesting resource outlining the verses of the Koran implying that the Earth is flat. Written from an obviously RET-biased perspective, but what else can we expect, really?

http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Flat_Earth_and_the_Qur%27an
<Parsifal> Jesus Christ
<Parsifal> Do I really have to write 6000-word sentences just to remove all ambiguity from everything I'm saying?

Where live, do the offer adult reading classes?

Offline SexWarrior

• e
  • (◕‿◕✿)
    • View Profile
    • The Flat Earth Society
Re: Flat Earth and the Qur'an
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 01:34:52 PM »
Also, an uncropped version of the image from this page:

<Parsifal> Jesus Christ
<Parsifal> Do I really have to write 6000-word sentences just to remove all ambiguity from everything I'm saying?

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 05:10:13 AM »
This is not Quran, n the writing is not Arabic. Could be Persian or other language Urdu or something else. But definitely not Arabic, n not Quran.

A Muslim Arabic tongue speaker who is called Mohamad.
Thank you
We accept the reality of the world with which we're presented. It's as simple as that.
The True Man Show.

Offline SexWarrior

• e
  • (◕‿◕✿)
    • View Profile
    • The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 12:11:14 PM »
This is not Quran, n the writing is not Arabic. Could be Persian or other language Urdu or something else. But definitely not Arabic, n not Quran.
Yes, as clearly labelled in the WikiIslam source, this is Taken from Zekeriya Kazvinî's "Acaib-ül Mahlûkat" (The Wonders of Creation). Translated into Turkish from Arabic. Istanbul: ca. 1553.
This map depicts "a traditional Islamic projection of the world as a flat disk surrounded by the sundering seas which are restrained by the encircling mountains of Qaf".'
<Parsifal> Jesus Christ

Offline Rekt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 02:50:34 PM »
Why would you believe an ancient religious text when considering the shape of the earth?