Recent Posts

Arts & Entertainment / Re: Game of Thrones
« Last post by rooster on Today at 02:00:56 PM »
The Red Wedding happened because Rob stopped being the "good guy", he made several immoral or just plain stupid mistakes in a row and effectively got himself killed. It doesn't go against the "good guy vibe" of the show.
Yes. It really really does. His immoral choice was marrying someone he wasn't supposed to? C'mon.

Many good people have been killed in the show. This isn't a child's cartoon, it's not strict on those rules.
« Last post by rooster on Today at 01:58:53 PM »
Jon Snow is not fire proof.

You don't know this for sure, unless he got burned or something and I don't remember it.

Also, the "Jaime kills Cersei" path might not happen because Cersei is prego. I mean it's possible he'll kill her anyway, she's nuts, afterall.
Jon burnt his hand when he was fighting the wight at Castle Black. GRRM himself said not all Targaryens are immune to fire. Which sure, might not be true in the show, but Jon has already been burnt so.

Also, I really really really doubt she's pregnant. I think it's entirely possible she could see she was losing Jaime and made it up. Plus, she only has 3 children based on that gypsy woman's prophecy for her which they did portray in the show so I doubt they'll just throw it out.
Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Trump
« Last post by SexWarrior on Today at 01:56:20 PM »
I said defense.  As in "Defending America from bad people".
Well, that's certainly a bizarre thing to bring up. We were discussing whether or not there was violence on both sides. You said that "it seems like the counter protesters were in a defensive stance and the white nationalists were more offensive." Now you're saying that you weren't actually referring to their stance in the clashes, but rather the motivation behind their violence. While not incorrect (I'm sure they thought they were doing a good thing - they wouldn't be doing it otherwise), it's quite irrelevant to what we were talking about.

[again] I said defense.  As in "Defending America from bad people".
[...]
One man's terrorist is another man's patriot.
Are you saying you support domestic terrorism as long as the ideas behind the terrorism sound nice? Because that's honestly how that's coming across, and the only way I can respond to that is with strong personal judgements.

Flat Earth Debate / Re: Using airline flight data.
« Last post by frodo467 on Today at 01:54:54 PM »
So you will disregard what you ask for simply because it mentions that the curvature of the earth is used in measurement.  If that is the case you are asking for evidence that you will reject out of hand because it doesn't fit your preconceived notion.  Catch 22 all. He asks for studies and proof, but he won't accept any studies or proof because they take reality into account.  Any study on anything will be based in reality, and he prefers only studies that are based in fantasy. He asks for peer reviewed evidence and then rejects it because his peers with the same preconceived notion did not review it. 

I asked for a method that did not use Round Earth assumptions. Please refer to my previous post:

Quote from: Tom Bishop
Any method which does not use Round Earth longitude and latitudes or Round Earth assumptions will suffice.

Quote from: frodo467
Will you accept this article from the institute for physics on the reliability of radar?

https://www.iop.org/publications/iop/2011/file_47456.pdf

Perhaps this one?

https://ntl.bts.gov/lib/jpodocs/repts_te/14407.htm#_Toc119408980

Probably not this one because it mentions that the curvature of the earth must be taken into account when using radar.

http://msi.nga.mil/MSISiteContent/StaticFiles/NAV_PUBS/RNM/310ch1.pdf

Perhaps the fact the Air traffic control systems used RADAR which provides the location, orientation, and speed of the aircraft so that they can be properly brought to ground without continual crashes?

http://ethw.org/Air_Traffic_Control_and_Radar

How about the fact that the military uses radar in order to land aircraft in low visibility environments such as rain and fog?

https://www.army.mil/article/104352/Controllers_use_radar_to_direct_air_traffic/

RADAR is accurate with over 95% reliability, it is measurable, and it is repeatable. You can even build a fully functioning and reliable radar from coffee cans. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr78A6cJDa4

Here are your articles and proofs.  Reject them out of hand if you will, but don't say I didn't provide them.

You will need to provide more effort than generic informational articles about "Radar".

What you are saying is you will disregard any science that doesn't go along with your superstition. 

A short list of Proofs that have been provided here

GPS accuracy
Mapping accuracy
Radar Accuracy
Flight duration accuracy

Of course, you have the luxury of hiding behind the "We don't have a map" concept.  The good news is that other than blind fanatics, anyone reading this thread will see right through the obvious fear and dishonesty you display.   Case in point,  I showed this thread to a few people and the common reaction was belly laughter.  "How can someone be so stupid?" was at the top of the list.

Not to mention the absurdity of FE when compared to flight distances in the southern hemisphere.
« Last post by Rama Set on Today at 01:51:59 PM »
Woah woah woah...

I never siad "self-defense"
They came expecting a fight, I'm not denying that.  But they didn't go there to throw the first punch.

That would not be in line with past antifa behavior. Why are you so sure about that?

Secondly, are you sure there were only 50ish nazis?  I mean, the whole rally wasn't "Save our Statue" since they chanted "we will not be replaced" and "Jews will not replace us" while marching.  "Blood and Soil" at other times.  AND they came armed too.  So they were looking for a fight.

No one denies that the alt-right faction wasn't looking for a fight. My biggest issue is that left-wing media became so fixated on the narrative that Trump is once again Hitler that they neglected to report on the far-left presence that almost always leads to violence whether there are literal Nazis there or not. Both stories are important to the degree that they are accurately and fairly reported. America does not have a racism problem so much as it has a polarization problem. Echo chambers will lead to civil strife not experienced by most people alive today. 

Third: One man's terrorist is another man's patriot.  But against for people who want to oppress non-whites, I'm siding with the people against them.

If you're sure of their intentions sure. I would steer clear of Antifa as much as the alt-right. They both want bad things for a free, liberal society.

And Trump has, on several occasions during his campaign, advocated punching people in the face.
[/quote]
« Last post by TomInAustin on Today at 01:39:19 PM »
So you will disregard what you ask for simply because it mentions that the curvature of the earth is used in measurement.  If that is the case you are asking for evidence that you will reject out of hand because it doesn't fit your preconceived notion.  Catch 22 all. He asks for studies and proof, but he won't accept any studies or proof because they take reality into account.  Any study on anything will be based in reality, and he prefers only studies that are based in fantasy. He asks for peer reviewed evidence and then rejects it because his peers with the same preconceived notion did not review it. 

I asked for a method that did not use Round Earth assumptions. Please refer to my previous post:

Quote from: Tom Bishop
Any method which does not use Round Earth longitude and latitudes or Round Earth assumptions will suffice.

Quote from: frodo467
Will you accept this article from the institute for physics on the reliability of radar?

https://www.iop.org/publications/iop/2011/file_47456.pdf

Perhaps this one?

https://ntl.bts.gov/lib/jpodocs/repts_te/14407.htm#_Toc119408980

Probably not this one because it mentions that the curvature of the earth must be taken into account when using radar.

http://msi.nga.mil/MSISiteContent/StaticFiles/NAV_PUBS/RNM/310ch1.pdf

Perhaps the fact the Air traffic control systems used RADAR which provides the location, orientation, and speed of the aircraft so that they can be properly brought to ground without continual crashes?

http://ethw.org/Air_Traffic_Control_and_Radar

How about the fact that the military uses radar in order to land aircraft in low visibility environments such as rain and fog?

https://www.army.mil/article/104352/Controllers_use_radar_to_direct_air_traffic/

RADAR is accurate with over 95% reliability, it is measurable, and it is repeatable. You can even build a fully functioning and reliable radar from coffee cans. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr78A6cJDa4

Here are your articles and proofs.  Reject them out of hand if you will, but don't say I didn't provide them.

You will need to provide more effort than generic informational articles about "Radar".

What you are saying is you will disregard any science that doesn't go along with your superstition. 

A short list of Proofs that have been provided here

GPS accuracy
Mapping accuracy
Radar Accuracy
Flight duration accuracy

Of course, you have the luxury of hiding behind the "We don't have a map" concept.  The good news is that other than blind fanatics, anyone reading this thread will see right through the obvious fear and dishonesty you display.   Case in point,  I showed this thread to a few people and the common reaction was belly laughter.  "How can someone be so stupid?" was at the top of the list.

« Last post by trekky0623 on Today at 01:19:47 PM »
Trump's trying to see just how low we can get those approval numbers before the end of August.
« Last post by frodo467 on Today at 01:00:29 PM »
Asserting that it is accurate do not make it so.

If you have no further evidence then you are wasting your time posting.
You have no evidence that the WGS-84 shape of the earth is incorrect.  Still waiting for details of what equipment you need.

If you are claiming that some device or method is accurate, then you are obligated to post the evidence here rather than repeat "prove me wrong".
What equipment would you use to determine the shape of the earth?

Why do you not look for evidence and give us the details here?  What do you define as evidence?

Is the timeanddate.com correct for your location?

I love timeanddate.com I can confirm that it is indeed correct in every location that I have used it in. I use it weekly for the last three years to determine sundown time on Friday nights and it has never once been wrong. I have used it in Minneapolis MN, Nashville TN, Greenville SC, Colorado Springs CO, and Kansas City, MO. Each and every time it is perfect.
« Last post by Lord Dave on Today at 12:51:06 PM »
Woah woah woah...

I never siad "self-defense"
They came expecting a fight, I'm not denying that.  But they didn't go there to throw the first punch.

Secondly, are you sure there were only 50ish nazis?  I mean, the whole rally wasn't "Save our Statue" since they chanted "we will not be replaced" and "Jews will not replace us" while marching.  "Blood and Soil" at other times.  AND they came armed too.  So they were looking for a fight.

Third: One man's terrorist is another man's patriot.  But against for people who want to oppress non-whites, I'm siding with the people against them.

And Trump has, on several occasions during his campaign, advocated punching people in the face.

« Last post by Rushy on Today at 12:47:07 PM »
The Red Wedding happened because Rob stopped being the "good guy", he made several immoral or just plain stupid mistakes in a row and effectively got himself killed. It doesn't go against the "good guy vibe" of the show.