Recent Posts

Flat Earth Q&A / Re: The Dome
« Last post by geckothegeek on Today at 12:11:22 AM »
I don't believe in the dome. It's silly to believe in something that has never been observed.

Do you believe in Antarctica as the ice ring / or / ice wall ?
« Last post by geckothegeek on Today at 12:02:50 AM »
I don't believe in the dome. It's silly to believe in something that has never been observed.

Thank you, Roundy.
I have heard that there are some FE believers that do believe in the dome.
I would just like to see what information they  have.
And what is the basis for it.

Also, Thank You, too, TomInAustin
Those are interesting questions, too.
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Just Watched
« Last post by Snupes on May 24, 2017, 11:55:28 PM »
The Americans (Joe Weisberg, Season 1, 2013)

It started a bit slowish, but I've come to love this show quite a lot by this point. The first handful of episodes rely a bit too much on relationship problems and bickering amidst sneaky spy work and disguises, but once it finds its groove and gets into a good rhythm, everything flows a lot more naturally and is handled a lot better than most shows. The subterfuge and intrigue feels a lot less forced and hamfisted, character motivations feel real, people react to things the way you would expect them to...that's a really low baseline for liking a show, I just realized, but so much other TV has made me cynical at this point.

Also there's a fair amount of speaking русский in the show, which makes me happy and means I get to listen to that beautiful accent and language and practice hearing it.

Anyway, even though I liked season one a lot, season two and three are supposed to be drastically better (I found the show because season three is one of Metacritic's highest rated seasons of television), so I'm very excited to get started on those.
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Superhero Movies & Comics General
« Last post by Snupes on May 24, 2017, 11:50:18 PM »
Just finished season three of The Flash. This show is really fucking bad. Holy shit.

Shout out two those two trees that fell down faster than the speed of sound, though.
« Last post by Roundy on May 24, 2017, 11:16:55 PM »
« Last post by geckothegeek on May 24, 2017, 11:01:42 PM »
No debate intended. Just a review of information about the dome.
(1) What is the dome made of ?
(2) How high above the earth is the dome ?
(3) Where is the bottom or base of the dome ?
(4) Any other information on the dome ?

(5) What's beyond it?
(6) Are there any gates, doors, portholes etc?

I'm not going to make any guesses, which is my usual mistakes on post as this.
I'm not going to debate any information a FE posts.
Flat Earth Debate / Re: Deception to prove a point?
« Last post by Roundy on May 24, 2017, 10:48:59 PM »
You'd probably have to ask whoever made the video.
I have to see some evidence of this "Sun looking twice as big near the horizon" claim. If anything, the Sun is either the same exact size near the horizon as it was in the middle of the sky, or slightly smaller or slightly squished vertically, based on what I've seen. I don't know if a spotlight sun is widely accepted by the FE community. I certainly don't think it is a spotlight, and from what I see, there is a gradual transition from day to night. The further the light travels, its color changes due to interaction with the atmosphere. Shortly after the red wavelength, it becomes invisible. The atmosphere isn't perfectly clear, it's opacity, and the distance to the light source, is what causes the darkness of night.

As for why it appears to go under the horizon seems to be chalked up to not knowing what a 300mi diameter object looks like as it goes overhead. If you watch a plane fly out over an ocean, even though it may be maintaining its altitude, it appears to be heading down to interact with the horizon before it becomes invisible due to the atmosphere. The assertion is we simply don't know how an object like the Sun would appear if it is beyond the vanishing point.

The plane also gets smaller as it flys away.  The sun stays constant for the time of year.   Why does the sun not get smaller?  Mountains get smaller as you drive away from them and they are pretty big.  The sun should be half the relative size as distance doubles.
« Last post by TomInAustin on May 24, 2017, 10:25:30 PM »
No debate intended. Just a review of information about the dome.
(1) What is the dome made of ?
(2) How high above the earth is the dome ?
(3) Where is the bottom or base of the dome ?
(4) Any other information on the dome ?

(5) What's beyond it?
(6) Are there any gates, doors, portholes etc?

Does that include all of space too? Maybe we're just one among many planets created, if that's the case then what applies to us may not apply elsewhere...

The Bible does not describe the stars as suns in other universes, what we have now is a worship of science fiction.
I believe the stars are lights "in the firmament" they differ from the two great lights, which are the sun and moon.

So Space, Billions of light years, Billions of earth years, Big Bang, Evolution, is all the invention of man. Deut 4:19