Thork

Re: Groundhog Day Crime
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2015, 11:35:27 PM »
If I murdered someone and carried that knowledge with me through a reset day, I'd feel guilty knowing what I did.
Yes, same timeline and dimension. Now reset the day and that person is still alive ... so what do you have to feel bad about? Same with the cheating. It never happened.

What if that person is really dead in another dimension?  Does that make him any less dead, or do you only worry about the people around you?
It is hard enough trying to worry about a man starving in Africa. Now you want me to worry about people in other dimensions too?

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2015, 01:03:36 AM »
You always know when Thork is active because every thread on the forum gets shit up. Then he just vanishes, waiting to build up a good poo again.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2015, 02:29:28 PM »
If your partner is having an affair with someone then resetting the day, so that every day, they go around and have sex with someone else. How is that really any different to having an affair with someone who you'll never see or meet?

Thork

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2015, 08:59:28 PM »
Because if you reset the day ... it never happened. Look, you put a clause into this scenario that meant whatever you did, you could completely take it back. Undo it. Wipe it from existence.

Lets put this in legal terms. Imagine you murder someone and reset the day. Would you be convicted? There's no body, no victim, no crime is deemed to have taken place. you wouldn't be imprisoned. You'd be found NOT GUILTY. The same is true of these sexual encounters. You aren't guilty of them, because they haven't happened. They only now exist in your head. I'm sure there are plenty of married men who have sex with all kinds of women in their heads ... there's nothing wrong with that. Its called a fantasy.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2015, 02:55:05 PM »
What's the difference between a simulated day in this Groundhog Day scenario and a simulated day as part of a video game, as far as their implications on the current real world go?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Thork

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2015, 02:58:55 PM »
Also, happy Groundhog Day to Americans. :D

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2015, 04:58:03 AM »
Let's assume that you can start and end a 'Groundhog Day'-style time loop whenever you want so that anything you do in the loop will be undone once the loop ends. let's further assume that you use this superpowre to commit various crimes and felonies, from murder to rape, from speeding to acts of terrorism.

If somebody finds out what you've been doing in the time-loop, should you be arrested and serve time?

Alternatively, if you're in a relationship and you use the time-loop to have sex with other people, would that count as cheating and is your partner justified in leaving you if they find out?
Nah. A time loop is such a wacky fucking thing, I think we can accept that people are going to do ridiculous shit if they're caught in other worldly phenomena. Who could resist the urge to fuck around in a time loop?
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.