Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
Re: update the home page
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2015, 08:23:35 AM »
Thanks. I'll review it when I'm back in Sydney next week; I'm a bit exhausted from travel at the moment.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2015, 11:54:02 AM »
Thanks. I'll review it when I'm back in Sydney next week; I'm a bit exhausted from travel at the moment.

Remembered to get around to this (with a small poke from pizaaplanet). Looks good, thanks Pongo. I'll edit and publish it on the weekend; I'm unlikely to have much time free from work until then.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2015, 03:24:19 PM »
Given the amount of time this is taking, I'm taking over the editing and publication of this post. Many thanks to Pongo for his contribution and Gulliver for proposed edits.

Pongo, I'm a bit confused as to where you're getting your claim of 2014 being the sesquicentennial of ENaG. ENaG was first published in 1849 (as per the Library of Congress), with further editions coming out in 1865 and 1881. I can only guess that you're referring to the second edition and the year 2015, not 2014. I'll assume that this is the case and edit the text accordingly, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2015, 03:33:28 PM »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2015, 03:42:37 PM »
http://www.tfes.org/2013/12/1-welcome-to-the-flat-earth-society

Paragraph 2.
Well, this is embarrassing. The PDF linked in that very same paragraph confirms that it was 1865. I'll amend that too.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2015, 12:42:32 AM »
I don't recall where I got 1864 from when I wrote that post. I'm sure I read it somewhere, or I wouldn't have written it that way.

Also, thanks for editing the article, pizaaplanet. It's currently awaiting publication, which only hasn't happened because of new and exciting problems I only discovered this morning (as is probably evident, the homepage hasn't been updated in a while). I'll get it sorted later today, one way or another.

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2015, 02:20:51 AM »
Here's one that's more topical.

<title>It's February!</title>
That's right, it's February. The time of year where we here at the Flat Earth Society turn on some light jazz, start a crackling fire, and cook a romantic meal for one as we curl up with a 19th century book! That's right, one of our truest loves is to rediscover the truths from the great flat-earth minds of the past.

One of our favorite selections is "Zetetic Cosmogony: Or, Conclusive Evidence that the World is not a Rotating-Revolving-Globe, but a Stationary Plane Circle" <link below> by Thomas Winship. This book harkens back to a simpler time when book titles were ludicrously long and people were able to present great ideas without fear of persecution.

This definitive work, as the abstract-like title states, lays out some concrete proofs for the flat-earth and tackles topics that are just as relevant today as they were over 100 years ago. Such as, magnetism, the sinking-ship effect, circumnavigation, and even the sun's distance and diameter. We recomend this book to anyone looking to better understand the truth of the world before them. Good reading!

http://books.google.com/books?id=GzkKAAAAIAAJ&pg=PA#PPP9,M1
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 02:22:31 AM by Pongo »