Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
Re: If the Earth is Flat what is below it?
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2017, 05:51:04 PM »
Stinky said
Yes, most amateur rockets go straight up. It isn't on a ballistic trajectory, nor is it attempting to go into orbit.

Next time Nasa goes to the moon, they should try to go on a straight up  trajectory instead of turning.  Maybe they can call up a few amateurs and figure out how to do that.  The astronnots don't  have to worry about return entry since they are in a movie studio in the first place.  ha   ha

No, because they orbit the Earth while gaining speed. (gravity assist) You have to reach a certain velocity to break free of Earth's gravity. But hey, don't let pesky facts or science get in the way of your goofy ideas. (like planes flying above the sun...)

Dude you don't even know what gravity is. Pear Head

What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Terry50

« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2017, 04:41:44 AM »
to stinkey   8)
Why is it that the pilot who was flying along side and a little higher than the sun has perfect camera clarity and.....
in Nasa they had colored film in side the capsule but black and white on the moon with clarity worse than my grandmother's brownie camera ?    :o

you say
They had to transmit the footage through the radiation belt and that screwed it up---- 
I say
 well why don't they show the footage now without transmitting through the radiation belt
you say
because the radiation belt still screwed up the film.
I say
How could the film get screwed up and the radiation didn't adversely effect the astronots.  Because the astronots never went through the radiation belt.   You know what ?   I would hate to live my entire life living a lie saying I went to the moon  so I could get my nasa pension check.   ::)

Terry50

« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2017, 08:08:44 PM »
to J man
Yes...   I know what gravity is.    It's a myth.   :D
  Look up Nikola Tesla..
it's   science fiction     :-X

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2017, 02:34:21 AM »
to stinkey   8)
Why is it that the pilot who was flying along side and a little higher than the sun has perfect camera clarity and.....
in Nasa they had colored film in side the capsule but black and white on the moon with clarity worse than my grandmother's brownie camera ?    :o

you say
They had to transmit the footage through the radiation belt and that screwed it up---- 
I say
 well why don't they show the footage now without transmitting through the radiation belt
you say
because the radiation belt still screwed up the film.
I say
How could the film get screwed up and the radiation didn't adversely effect the astronots.  Because the astronots never went through the radiation belt.   You know what ?   I would hate to live my entire life living a lie saying I went to the moon  so I could get my nasa pension check.   ::)

What do planes need to generate lift? Air. Even in a flat Earth, how high is the sun. 3000 miles. The plane was flying at 28K feet. Even my 5th grader could tell you that a plane flying at 28K feet can't be above an object 3000 miles up.

You believe garbage posted on youtube, but don't use the brain the good Lord gave you to figure out that planes CAN'T FLY OVER THE SUN! You're mind is so blind to the real world around you, it is just sad. You can still believe in God and understand that planes aren't flying around at 3000 miles. Think of how long it would take just to reach that altitude. lol (hint, even the most capable fighter jets can't do more than about 10 miles per minute vertical speed)

I've commented on the NASA film imagery and radiation exposure in the past. Seek and you shall find.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Terry50

« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2017, 03:53:32 AM »
to stinky
how do you explain the video?

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2017, 12:41:14 PM »
to stinky
how do you explain the video?
'
It is called sunrise (or set). You may have seen it  - it happens everyday. Is your mind so confused by conspiracy that you have to make up planes that can magically fly 3000 miles up to explain a very simple phenomenon. Were you home schooled by any chance? 
-Terry50

Terry50

« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2017, 12:54:56 PM »
to stinky
Good explanatioin..  Next Question.
Why do airplanes fly 500 miles off the straight path  to refuel?  (according to the globe)
Why is it when there is an emergency landing    that the airplane  goes 500 miles farther than it has too? (to reach an island)
But when you look at a flat map; they are refueling or emergency landing right in line with their destination?

« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2017, 01:07:06 PM »
to stinky
Why do airplanes fly 500 miles off the straight path  to refuel?  (according to the globe)
Why is it when there is an emergency landing    that the airplane  goes 500 miles farther than it has too? (to reach an island)
But when you look at a flat map; they are refueling or emergency landing right in line with their destination?
Give an example please. It's impossible to answer such a general question.

Terry50

« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2017, 02:01:26 PM »
if you have studied this topic the way you want people to think you have,   you should know of many examples.  Pick one.   :)

« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2017, 02:16:22 PM »
if you have studied this topic the way you want people to think you have,   you should know of many examples.  Pick one.   :)
You're the one making the claim, you provide the evidence. That's the way things work.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2017, 02:54:30 PM »
to stinky

Planes don't fly in straight paths to their destinations. The Earth is a globe. They fly paths according to what is known as the great circle.  It is the shortest distance between 2 points on a globe. Flat Earth theory can't explain why planes fly these routes. As for the emergency landing, I'm not sure what you are referring to, but the first thing that comes to mind is runway length. Not all runways are long enough for all aircraft. If it was over the ocean, it was likely a larger plane(747/A380), which require long runways. Can't land just anywhere.
-Terry50

Terry50

« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2017, 05:07:59 PM »
Is there any other operation that mathematically uses "The Great Circle"?  besides airplanes

Also, on that pilot flying over the sun video ---    if it was a sunset or sunrise, the sun would be smaller..   Right?   the further away something is the smaller it appears.

« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2017, 05:25:20 PM »
Is there any other operation that mathematically uses "The Great Circle"?  besides airplanes

Also, on that pilot flying over the sun video ---    if it was a sunset or sunrise, the sun would be smaller..   Right?   the further away something is the smaller it appears.
Maybe boats to some degree upon the larger oceans. But there's not much that moves in between continents other than airplanes, so there's not much that would need to make use of such routes.

The sun is not any farther from the Earth in the RE model during sunset/rise. So the size of it doesn't change at all. FE usually has something like 'atmoplanic lensing' that magnifies the sun just right so that it remains the same size throughout the day. See: https://wiki.tfes.org/Magnification_of_the_Sun_at_Sunset

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2017, 05:50:17 PM »

Your comment about the sun's size inadvertently proved my point about the Earth being round/sun being far away. If the sun was only 32 miles across and 3000 miles away, it would get larger and smaller as the day went on. The fact that is doesn't is a clue that it is massive and very far away.
-Terry50

Terry50

« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2017, 08:04:11 PM »
How is it that there are pictures of the sun being large and pictures of the sun being small?   :-\

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2017, 08:28:18 PM »
How is it that there are pictures of the sun being large and pictures of the sun being small?   :-\

Because the field of view is different. You shouldn't really rely on pics unless you know the camera setup. I can make the sun look large or small with the same lens on my camera. Just depends how much I zoom in. Using the same camera/same setup with pics throughout the day, the sun is very stable in size.
-Terry50

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2017, 10:25:31 PM »
Sure!  Ships, submarines, the cables that carry phone, TV and internet services between continents.

If the earth was flat - then yes.   But in Round Earth, the sun is so insanely far away, that it always appears more or less the same size (give or take a couple of percent due to the Earth's orbit not being a perfect circle).
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2017, 11:57:33 PM »

Because the field of view is different. You shouldn't really rely on pics unless you know the camera setup. I can make the sun look large or small with the same lens on my camera. Just depends how much I zoom in. Using the same camera/same setup with pics throughout the day, the sun is very stable in size.

I have also seen some pics that claim the sun does get smaller just before sunset. They show pics with the sun 5-10 degrees above the horizon, then at the horizon. Then they draw lines along the side of each and measure them. But what they don't recognize, or admit, is that in the supposed larger sun pic, the glare is much stronger, so that measurement is really of the glare of the sun, compared to a sun with no, or lessor, glare. I think that to really prove it to yourself, you would need to use a consistent camera and lens focal length as 3Dgeek mentioned. But also a solar filter so you are getting a clear view of the actual surface of the sun.

I went to see the totality of the recent eclipse and saw a few people with solar filters made for a standard camera lens. Until then, I thought the filters only existed for telescopes.

Terry50

« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2017, 10:30:03 AM »
to 3Dgeek   :D
Notice how all the examples you gave involve  explaining "why  crows don't fly straight sometimes".

I meant give me an example in math or any technology where the earth is not involved.

My hypothesis is that the only time the GREAT CIRCLE  comes into play with scientists is when things look perfect on a flat map and awkward on a globe map.   That's when they drag out the great circle;  but nowhere else in science or mathematics.   :'(

Yea, give me non-earth  examples.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2017, 12:00:05 PM »

To Terry, Definition;

To redefine stupidity, one sentence at a time.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.